Saturday, March 19, 2005

Bad boys for lunch

Irresistible


Had lunch with a few of my friends today. A chicken rice shop of all places - but it serves some incredible fried wanton that I worship. As I'm enjoying my wanton, in walks a man who gets everyone's eyes flying off their plates. Cliched as it is, Mr Tall, Dark, Handsome and Scruffy came in with a biker's helmet tucked under his well-toned arms, striding in with boots and jeans. Black hair dyed in streaks of brown, stern eyes hidden behind sleek shades. He looked incredibly hot and wicked, and yet I just glanced over for a second to rest on the sublime eye-candy and returned to my food.

Luckily I have my ISO, insignificant other, to thank for all that. Years back before I got madly involved with him, I would have spent so much time falling in lust and getting my heart trampled under those boots. Now, I just look at the cute stud, store in some salient features in my memory file for later use and abuse, and then proceed to forget about him by delving into my lunch instead.

Trust me on this, boys, I've done the bad boyfriend route and it's not a pretty ride. Sure, it might be incredibly scenic with lots of deep valleys and rounded hills but it's a mighty rocky road with a lot of potential for pain for just a spectacular view. :)

Just realized that if my ISO caught sight of my blog, I'm gonna be so dead :) A spanking's the least I'm gonna get from this.

2 comments:

Sven said...

But Paul, I'm sure you'r the one that can convert him and bring out the nice guy that is hidden beneath that bad surface, it only takes the kind of love that only you can show... ;)

It's sometimes a fine line between being realistic and cynic. I wonder which one of us is the most realist/cynic... :)

savante said...

Thanks, Sven. I think I'm a realist leaning towards cynic - although I used to be a wide-eyed romantic.

Hey, tell us more of this Xavier. He could provide fodder for my imagination :)

Paul