Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Eating out

I have colleagues at work who loves having their wives cook at home. Don't be too shocked, we actually still have desperate housewives in Malaysia who cook, clean and support their husbands. Don't get me wrong, I love eating hot home-cooked food as much as the next red-blooded guy. I just love dining out just as much.

Yeah, I am back, took a slow drive back from Penang back home with only Kylie, Blue and Buble to keep me company - managed to keep me awake through the long journey back. Arrived home just before dinner and I was almost too tired to eat, just wanted to sleep it off. Almost as if by magic, Graceless Grace and my ISO called me out for a bite.

Dinner at the shackI like dining out. I like taking the time to get dressed to go out. And most of all, I like trying new foods at new restaurants. Thankfully, although I'm in a relatively small place, it's quite happening in its own way - and we do have new eating places cropping up every once in a while. Today, Grace managed to find an interesting place - actualy more like a run-down shack by a small, meandering river delta. Redolent with the heavy tang of sea air and the buzz of mosquitoes, a middle-aged Malay couple ran a small stall selling grilled fish and other seafood accompaniments. Despite the dilapidated surroundings, I managed to cannibalize the flesh till all that was left were tiny bones. No doubt, the cat that lives nearby hates me.

Before you ask, NO, Grace doesn't know that I had a wild, tawdry affair with ISO, and since it's a moot point now, I figure there's no need to tell her such a shameful fact. It would totally undermine my standing with her since she believes that anyone foolish enough to tangle with my ISO deserves what they get.

My ISO would spill all gladly but I've threatened him with severe bodily harm and he has readily acquiesced to my demands. Isn't it weird? When I'm not with my ISO, we're simply the best of pals. :)

No comments: