Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Getting married?

What is up with the world - and my parents? I have to admit it's been a long while since I've been in a serious committed relationship. Perhaps once bitten ( by a sexy shark ) but I'm definitely not shy - which is why I'm still slowly treading my feet in the dating pond.

But it has obviously been long enough that my parents have obviously forgotten the fact that I'm gay. Last weekend, they dropped by my place for dinner and while I was chomping my way through a lovely meal, they made me cough up a crab claw by suggesting that I get married. To a woman.

For some reason, due to my perpetual state of bachelorhood they have come to the idea that my swinging gay days are a passing phase ( some hormonal imbalance perhaps? ) and it's time that I got back on the marriage mart again. Despite the fact that I have shirtless shots of Ironmen on my message board and a rainbow flag pinned on my white coat, they believe that I might shed my homosexual skin out of boredom and decide to go after one of the ladies they've paraded in front of me.

I do know that their intentions are good - and the fact that I'm still single at this time has left them worried but that doesn't mean I'm willing to go through a charade just to be with someone. Playing it straight has never worked for me - and though I tried going out on dates with girls way back in school, nothing ever happened. Well, we did trade tips on interior decorating and clothes ( and checking out the cute guys ) but I don't think that was what they had planned.

Chris EvansIf being without someone significantly gay in my life for sometime has turned me straight, how do they account for the fact that I still get the tingles when I look at a shot of this? The man with the enviable abs, Chris Evans plays the role of the blond hottie, Human Torch in the upcoming comic book adaptation, Fantastic Four. One of the first comics I read as a schoolkid and I bet Johnny Storm has never looked this sizzling hot.

Now why won't he come over and turn me gay again?

11 comments:

savante said...

Thanks, troubles! Understand what you mean. But I guess I must quickly look for a guy to pose as my boyfriend/live-in lover :)

Paul

Sven said...

Guess some parents say they accept their son being gay and actually mean it, some say it but never stop hoping it's going away. The latter gets very annoying as the years go by, very annoying.

I belive I read a really well written story about a mock live-in lover recently. Went very well in fiction, you might get it to work in reality too..? ;)

savante said...

I think the story could have been written by me since I once thought of doing the same - hiring a live-in boyfriend for a time. Go check out my bedtime stories...

Paul

Sven said...

Silly Paul, of course it's your story I mean :P

Anonymous said...

It's a very good story, btw, Paul. Maybe that could be because it's finished. hint hint :)

savante said...

The hint to finish my stories is well received - and I feel guilty as hell. Trying my best to finish up most of the loose ends here and thee - but I usually only write when inspiration strikes.

Paul

Anonymous said...

is there any way to send you inspiration? Fed-ex maybe?

savante said...

Sure. Sending mail would be fine. Fedex-ing a gorgeous, charming six-foot stud would be even better.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Paul,
If I had a gorgeous, charming six-foot stud handy why would I be sending him to Malaysia?

savante said...

Well, you could think of it as doing your bit for charity!

Paul

Anonymous said...

Paul Sung

How dare your forget about the marriage proposal I already sent you...

Just to refresh your memory.
you can be the housewife : except that instead of keeping you chained to the kitchen sink, you will be chained to the bed AND the typewriter (computers not allowed) and your task will be writing..... oh and a small other occasional matter that involves your "cute one" and about 3 quickies a day not too mention something a bit longer at bedtime.