Monday, March 14, 2005

Rusty gaydar

Proof positive that my runaway pheromones seem to be attracting the wrong kind of attention these days! A friend of a friend of mine - met her during Chinese New Year at one of the gatherings - well, Bank Lady works at a prominent bank corporation in town, something to do with the finance department? :) Details such as that escape my notice when it doesn't come attached to broad shoulders and a hairy chest. Chances are she's more interested in my admittedly skimpy wallet - and my nonexistent financial portfolio - rather than anything else, but she's been calling me out multiple times this week. If the bank had wanted my business, they should have sent someone, tall, dark, handsome with XY genes.

Being the generous soul that I am and giving in, I decided to take the plunge today - therefore pandering to my parents' fond wishes. To my dismay instead of advising me on stock options and trust funds, she starts talking about eveyrthing else under the sun other than that. Rather than pick up cute studs like Yummy Yee, I seem to be getting the attentions of Bank Ladies and drunken Insurance Boys. Hmmm... there is a connection... Banking Corps and Insurance Companies. :)

Burnt Money


Well in other news, there was an interesting story I checked out on Yahoo about two gay men in Saudi Arabia who execute a Pakistani to stop him from exposing their shameful relationship. Although I abhor such violent acts, it reminds me of a certain Spanish movie I once caught months back titled Burnt Money Plata Quemada. Full of gritty violence, gunfights and bloodshed - and with the love of two gay men as the throbbing heart of the story. One of the sexiest movies I've seen, it stars two incredibly hot actors as the bank-robbing duo, Nene ( Leonardo Sbaraglia ) and Angel ( Eduardo Noriega ).

2 comments:

savante said...

No idea what odd attraction I have for financial institutions since I am usually approaching bankruptcy.

Paul

Sven said...

might be charm Paul, just might be that..