Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Straight Boys

Being free enough to laze around beaches watching cute boys running along the beach in swim trunks has given me time to think. During their late teens, straight boys and sexually confused boys have slightly different tastes in clothes. As I've mentined before, straight boys nowadays have a predilection for loose clothes, huge tees and tanktops that sag, loose cargo pants that barely hang over their slim waists - occasionally baring a wisp of their shorts. And come on, only rappers can pull off the bling-blings ( or at least they hope they do ). Why do they insist on covering up what should be displayed to the world? :) Do they really seriously believe that girls like going out with sloppily dressed guys?

On the opposite end are the sexually confused or totally out boys who seem to think that the tighter the better. Not that I'm against sprayed on jeans :) but some guys wear it so tight I wonder whether it has effectively cut off circulation to their nether regions. I honestly just saw a Malay guy, cute as a button, poured into a pair of blue jeans so tight I could see the perfect circumcision scar made by his surgeon.

Saying that, I've decided that long beach holidays are not my style. Jason, even you'd get bored looking at waves hitting the sandy shore every minute of the day :) My friends warned me that I'd go crazy sipping pina coladas with lil umbrellas... and I just realized that they are right! Lazing around under palm trees might fit the notion of a perfect holiday for some of the tourists around here - mostly elderly, overweight matrons in tight luminous lime swimsuits - but it is pushing me over the edge. The thing that's keeping me from going stir-crazy here is the fact that there's an internet cafe down the beach - where I walk to every other day to toss away my trash mail and ogle sunburnt white boys.

Just a note! Hope I don't sound like I'm gloating but I can still get into my trunks! Amazing.

3 comments:

savante said...

Well, pack your bags then - and fly over here. I have a suite till almost the end of the week.

Paul

Anonymous said...

The beach can get tedious after a while. I've always lived on the coast - right now I live four miles from the beach. I did the whole JG route as a kid. Now I rarely see the water.

It sounds like you're getting bored with lazing about. Why don't you do something? Give surfing a shot (or maybe boogie or body boarding if sufing isn't your thing). I always found beach runs nice in a relaxing zen sort of way.

savante said...

You're right and I take it back. I'd prefer to be bored sipping drinks with umbrellas in them than be at work!

Paul