Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Medical school

Been going through a marathon of DVDs... and I'm wondering why we never actually had such bastards in medical school. The opposite of his moralistic partner in Nip/Tuck, Dr Christian Troy is slick, conniving and just a damned delicious devil. Not only has he bent and twisted every rule in the world, his vaunted morals are as twisted as a pretzel. Where do you find such guys in school? All we had were dull, innocent country boys, overworked, socially-retarded nerds/brains and pure, idealistic martyrs out to save the world.

Perhaps an injection of wickedness might have added more fun to school.

Of course granted that he's fresh out of medical school and still full of innocent ideals, Yummy Yee was appalled at such unethical behaviour and condemned it - all the while trying to shade his eyes from the wicked acts onscreen.

5 comments:

Sven said...

YY came over for a dvd session? Good going there paul ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, too bad you have a contagious disease.

Sven said...

..or not Mr Anon, or not.. ;)

Anonymous said...

I've got 2 things to talk about. Is that all right?

-- the reason you didn't see those wicked types in medical school -- no 2 reasons: 1)most wickedness in doctorland is created after medical school and 2)medical students who are already wicked are sociopaths and they know how to blend in.

-- secondly, the stories. I love them, but I love some more than others and some less. The ones I love the best are the ones with the complicated almost-realistic relationships. And the ones I love the absolute best are the ones with Chinese culture in them, not because they are exotic to me, but because you write them as familiar and real settings. They're very rich and compelling. I like "The New Year" the very best, but it needs to finish up soon -- maybe one more appearance from Daddy, and tie up all the loose ends in a rush. And then, if I may be so bold, you need a whole new story in the same type of milieu. Preferably another long complicated one with opposite personalities!

savante said...

Tried to dissuade him from coming over with my extreme contagiousness but he persisted ( maybe he likes getting out of work by falling sick :) ) and we watched Nip/Tuck. Finished the whole series actually but I refrained, kept myself more than an arm's length away.

Lucy, you are so right! I never looked at it that way! Most wickedness in doctorland is created after...

Glad you liked New Year. Gonna try to finish the story if i can but I make no promises. Another story in an Asian setting? Sounds promising... let me think of something.

Paul