Friday, April 15, 2005

Wobbly niece

It's the long weekend over here again - and it's usually the time my family descends upon me en masse. And yes, it heralds the arrival of my cute niece, Emma - who's just wobbled past the age of one recently. So obviously it was time for a little housecleaning. Not only cleaning up the scandalous smut on the tables ( somewhat incriminating photo books and DVDs ) but also taking up all the breakable antiques from wherever she might toddle by. Also had a spot of drinking last night which is why I've had to had a long shower to wipe off any signs of wild inebriation left ( not that I think she would figure it out even if her uncle was bleary-eyed, drowsy and smelling of liquor :) ).

Isn't it weird how little kids already show some personal characteristics at that age? With that stubborn tilt of her chin, I can swear the poor girl's already picked up her father's irascible temper ( my brother, of course ).

2 comments:

Sven said...

I have a niece (actually I have three, but one is special) that is the light of my life :) I first met her when she was 1 day old, and we've been very close ever since. She grew up without her father, so she sort of adopted me instead. She is 19 y/o now, time flies..

savante said...

That's so great! And I know what you mean. I was actually there in the labour room when my niece was delivered! One of the perks of being a doctor, I guess.

Paul