Thursday, May 12, 2005

Chatterboxes at work

Is it wrong to shut someone up? :) No, it isn't as bad as it sounds, I didn't pull some Mafia style assasination and toss someone into the Malacca river with their feet encased in cement ( though I can think of a few colleagues I wouldn't mind doing that to ).

This morning at work, I had three incredibly garrulous patients who kept on chattering away during the operative procedures. One elderly man spoke of his previous hospital visits and all his previous procedures which bored me. Another young man ( a guy who leapt off nine stories - and amazingly only suffered a broken leg - after being commanded by voices ) started speaking incessantly to the said voices, whispering and giggling in an obviously fascinating conversation. My honest mistake since being the good guy that I am, I actually placed them on epidurals. So I decided to sedate them a little with intravenous Midazolam to knock them out.

What can I say! With only one cup of coffee, I don't need the agitation. I like my peace and quiet in the operating theatre. I need the time to go through some of my travel brochures. Am I wicked? :)

5 comments:

Jay said...

LOL Wicked beyond belief. I think we can be good friends :-p

I envy you your access to anaesthesias. I have THREE very loud Zimbabwean girls working with me and the office sounds like a fucking African zoo every night. Have mercy and FedEx me something to slip into their tea please.

savante said...

God, I can just imagine the babbling cacophony! Ah, three sedatives on its way. I have tons to choose from! :)

Paul

grave_creek said...

ohhhh zimbabwean girls!!! now,jay, wouldnt you rather go for the whole safari experience and just shoot them??!! lol!! god knows that would be bloody fun!! and i insist on the word BLOODY!!imagine them running for cover like some mad animal!!! yupp im deffinitely in a good mood today!

Anonymous said...

Paul, I'll see your patients, and Jay's Zimbabwean Girls, and raise you both 326 hormone infused, under-sexed, Middle School Students (ages 12-14).

Anyone want to call me on this?

savante said...

Well, not if the kids were underaged. But if there were 326 young, virile male students ( past the jailbait age ), I might take you up on that.

Paul