Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Crime Scene Investigations

Sure, everyone's talking about it - and after two spin-offs from the main CSI series, there's obviously something worth talking about. Obviously with my medical background, I find the series extremely illuminating since I never actually paid that much attention at forensics classes. Come to think about it, I never actually thought of doing forensics - sure after all this time, the corpses don't freak me out but I just find it a lil morbid being down in the morgue all the time. And the smell... everyone remembers the oddly antiseptic and citrus-like scent pervading the mortuary. Even that overpowering scent doesn't completely mask the lingering odour of death.

It's also pretty much something that's reactive. And after all, I'm a guy who thrives on the occasional adrenaline rush which is why I'm in charge of the Intensive Care Unit. Someone smart once summed up my work as ... 'Hours of boredom, moments of terror'

Carmine GiovinazzoThe latest series based in New York, CSI : NY is led by Detective Mac Taylor and his partner, Detective Stella Bonasera. What I find fascinating is the fact that they've grouped some of the best looking guys in town! Sure, everyone knows - or has seen Gary Sinise who plays Mac.

But it's this guy who's caught my attention, the guy who plays Danny Messer. Yummy. Even with those cute glasses, Carmine Giovinazzo looks hot. Doesn't it make you want to tear them off and throw him down on one of those trolleys?

Felt the same way during early dinner today. Obviously to those around me, I'm usually brimming all over with enthusiasm - since Yummy Yee came over after noting my lack of energy today. Still a little down over the fact that I'm too inexperienced for the programme I mentioned yesterday ( too junior!? WTF! I've been working forever! :) ) Well, he certainly managed to lift me out of my doldrums - what can I say, pretty eye candy makes me happy. And I certainly felt quite energetic when he leaned over the table and I got a good look at his pecs. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah? Not every1 had the good fortune of reading forensics. I concur, usefulness to date of forensics = understanding CSI 101.

I'd say forensics is pretty interesting; you'd definitely won't be spending as much time in the morgue as pathologists, so that's a good thing.

Not sure about the system in Malaysia, but some countries don't require both medical and law degrees to be a forensic pathologist, just either or. So that's an option to consider down the road if you ever notice an influx of, in your words, the best looking guys in town. It'll definitely be a different sort of adrenaline rush!

savante said...

Don't think there's a requirement over here to have a medical degree to do forensic pathology but you have to be an MD to do forensic medicine.

If I found such hot guys ( alive! )hanging around the morgue, I'd definitely be joining the club.

Paul