Sunday, May 15, 2005

A post call day

Only took two cups of coffee yesterday which is a huge achievement for me ( in comparison to my late lamented wild caffeine-guzzling sprees! ). Took the second one since I was pretty groggy... after all it was 3 am in the morning, and I had to give a spinal for a caesarean section. Needed that pick-me-up desperately! Usually the patient chatter would keep me up indefinitely but I had a pregnant underaged waif who sobbed incessantly throughout the entire procedure for no reason... ( she wasn't in pain, I checked! Twice! ) unless she actually had the cruel intention of soaking my sleeve with her tears. When questioned on the reasons behind her sorrow, she blubbered an unintelligible reply.

Otherwise though, it was a pleasant enough call yesterday with very few emergencies. Obviously the bad boys chose to remain at home and not find a place for themselves lying broken and bleeding underneath a ten tonne truck.

Sexy smileDid something awfully funny and embarassing today though... Perhaps I'm still lil groggy and disoriented from working for 24 hours straight but anyway, I dropped by a DVD rental store today - not one of those fake DVDs ( rampant and cheaply sold in various undisclosed locations in Malaysia despite the crackdown on pirated products ) but the real licensed ones. Obviously I've been starved for male companionship since I somehow got conned by a cute guy - DVD Dan - into becoming a member in spite of my reservations. Dang. The things I would do for a cute toothy smile and a nice tight tush.

No wonder I was stupid enough to fall for my ISO! Still I managed to get some DVDs home - will be watching Golden Girls tonight. How stereotypically gay can I get?

Hmmm.. Wonder whether DVD Dan is married.

7 comments:

'drew said...

I could do with a coffee right now...and you're not as stereotypically gay as me wanting to become a flight attendant. I wonder if MAS is employing...hm...

savante said...

I wonder if it's true that most flight attendants lean our way. :)

Paul

grave_creek said...

golden girls hein???? hihihi i remeber watching this when i was younger..ohh the fond memories!!!
ohhh by the way congrats on your two cup policy!!!! as a doctor you must know that youre doing a right thing here!! keep up the good progress!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, the Golden Girls. I get to watch those everyday in syndication.

Designing Women was more my style. No kidding, they used to call me Bernice. Long story, don't ask.

Good job on the detox. And if things get too rough, drink a Coke. It has less caffine than a cup of coffee, anyway.

Or so I've been told.

Jay said...

Maybe she was crying because she was an underaged girl about to become an underaged mother! That'd probably make most people hysterical, I imagine.

And exactly how toothy are we talking here? Tom Cruise-like, or beaver-like?

I haven't watched Golden Girls in like a lifetime, though I still remember the characters very fondly. Wonder if the episodes are available on DVD...

savante said...

Well, she was underaged but she was married. Don't get me going on that marriage issue since she's barely 17. :)

Toothy as in Tom Cruise-like. I don't get conned by beavers :)

Golden Girls is available on DVD as I mentioned. Just came out with the first season not too long ago.

Paul

Jay said...

Ah, so. I didn't automatically connect the 'got some DVDs home' bit with 'watching Golden Girls tonight' bit :) My bad. Amazon, here I come!