Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Busy weekend

Gonna have a busy weekend! Not only do I have my cousin's wedding this weekend, I also have to get the registration for my course done by then. And with the amount of bureaucracy over here, that means running from one department to another, one ministry to another - all 'conveniently' located on different quarters of the city. A lot of footwork these few days.

Still, it's an opportunity to take some leave and relax away from work. A welcome break actually. Sure, I love what I do at work but the politics and the bitching can sometimes get to me so it's nice to have some time away ( before I go insane ).

Maybe even mooch off my ISO's credit. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul,
Hi I've been reading your stories for quite a while now and followed you to your blog. I wanted to say thanks. You're story posts might be few and far in between but you post regularly here and no matter how crappy the day I laugh here! Good for you on the spanking, and deifnitly attack your ISO's credit.... Yay shopping spree!:)

Anonymous said...

woops, I didn't sign the post.
Sara

Sven said...

Just so I understand, please..

ISO lives in KL? Why does he travel to Malacca all the time? Are you going to KL to register and is that where the wedding is?

..and while I'm at it: why is the sky blue? what are we doing here? does God exist? How big is the universe and is there really a reason why we are here?

oh, and is there life elsewhere in the univerese?

...just thought I'd ask.. :)

Anonymous said...

sven: LOL!

Anonymous said...

ah, i like your blog and ur sense of humor. i'm glad to find one gay doc's blog on the net. sometimes i feel so lonely in this medicine world.

savante said...

Yeah, like all nerds, I faithfully subscribe to National Geographic...! And I have seen the Zheng He ( stud of olden day China ) article.

Well, Sara, my ISO doesn't mind paying for dinner but I think he would raise an objection if I went on a shopping spree with his VISA. :)

Well, Sven...
ISO lives and works in KL. Comes back to Melaka on weekends or the occasional weekday. Drives like a maniac BTW ( like me :) )
Registration is in KL too. But the wedding's in Penang. Not sure about the rest of the questions though, and not sure I wanna know :)

Well, anonymous, you are not the only gay doc around so speak up and tell us more :)

Paul