Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Linen things

Well, I haven't mentioned the fact that I have another wedding to attend next week. Nothing new, I guess since I have been going to a ton of weddings recently. It's the time in our lives - well, at least for those of us who are straight - to get hitched to the ball and chain, and most of my peers have been busy tying themselves up with their significant other. I, on the other hand, am still groping my ISO in darkened cinemas.

The difference with this wedding is the fact that my younger cousin is getting married. My straight, older-looking, far more serious and stodgy cousin ( God, how did he get hitched before me!? ). So of course I had to look fabulous - and the fact that I'm supposed to be mugging for exams didn't stop me from looking for something.

Have always browsed around in British India but I have never actually bought anything ( apart from tons of home decor stuff :) ) so this time I decided to look at some shirts. For those who're wondering, British India sells stuff inspired by the British Colonial times in India ( terribly expensive linen and cotton apparel that they used to wear while they sipped their darjeeling teas on the verandahs watching polo ). Well, hell, had a hilarious time trying them out. I actually had my eye on this great white Irish linen shirt and tried it on. God. it was bloody see-through straight to my pecs and I never knew I had such prominent dark nipples. Had a real laugh in the changing room and had the salesgirls staring. :)

Well, at least Eye Eddie got a real eyeful when I met him for dinner.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And how much does that fabulous see through nipple thingy cost? I want one of those. I have been invited to the wedding more than ever in my life, too. The problem is I get so emotional about the fact I am so single.

Sven said...

Paul, there is no doubt you will look faboulus, whatever you are wearing ;)

Shigeki, you don't seem to have time to do anything about being single?

Raph, damn that longsleeved undershirt ;) Pineapple fibre? I have to look into that..

Anonymous said...

Screw the barong tagalog, I want the guy wearing the barong tagalog!

grave_creek said...

ouhhhhh...the display of nipples through the use of linen!!!! ummmm wonder if i could use this as my thesis for my fashion design studies....lol!!!! you know you are just" too sexy for that shirt"!!!lol,loved that song!!!

savante said...

Don't be too shocked but I have the filipino shirt. One of my friends got it for me when she went there on a business trip. And it is see-through but you usually wear an undershirt so it doesn't really matter. Kinda stiff material too but cooling surprisingly.

Paul