Monday, July 11, 2005

Boyfriend Policy

Manic Mondays are usually the time I sort out my mail and place the bills into neat stacks. Boring, dull and one of the many responsibilities dumped on us as adults. Whoever wished to be a grown-up so soon? Certainly not all it's cracked up to be :) Been checking through my bills - which I have a bundle and I found my insurance policy in the stack. Like the good, responsible Asian kid, I had it done when I first started work quite a while back. And at the moment, I simply don't know what in the world possessed me back then.

There's no need to explain stuff to me, I'm not a brainless himbo after all and I do know the reasons for an insurance policy! After all, it's a form of risk management used to hedge against the risk of potential loss, and with a loss of life and limb, it takes away substantial earning power for a household. But I'm a single gay man without any dependants. Why do I have an insurance policy? Who does it actually benefit? It actually has me thinking :) Hell, I need my financial analyst of a brother to correct me on this misconception obviously.

My insurance policy!


The benefits of a policy are obvious to me, just not that obvious when it comes to me. After all, all of us know that nothing is guaranteed in life - but a policy certainly helps weather the storm. I think it's time the insurance companies issued a boyfriend policy. Kinda like if you're 30 and still without a partner, they'll issue you one :) Or in lieu of that, a huge amount of dough as compensation.

Now, that's a policy I wouldn't mind paying for.

6 comments:

Sven said...

I think they should send both a bf and the cash, after all it's more expensive keeping a bf than being single, no? Otherwise I think, with that cash, maybe unwanted bf's would show up?

grave_creek said...

ohhh sign me up immediately!!!do you think that clothes shopping could be deducted as due to the lack of a husband???! lol!! well one brother is a doctor and the other is a finacial analyst....can you say prime chinese marriage material??? you good chinese boys are tigers in bed i heard!!!gropes and all!!!lol!!

Francis Ford Faggola said...

Ooh, sign me up right now! Wait, it doesn't exist yet... Unca Paul, call me when this policy do exist okay? 1-800-HORNY-FAG (toll free btw, :P )

Pookie65 said...

I wonder if the same policy insurer will offer a rider for maintenance of current boyfriends. I'd prefer to keep the one I have if I can get him upgraded when he starts to wear out.

savante said...

Well, GC, my elder brother's already married - hence the niece that I have. Not sure about him but yeah, I am a tiger in bed.

Upgrading an old boyfriend? :)

Paul

kayespot said...

I think it's time the insurance companies issued a boyfriend policy. Kinda like if you're 30 and still without a partner, they'll issue you one :)

i'd sign up right away if they offered such a policy! i'd be a rich man!