Monday, July 25, 2005

Clobbering Time

Hell, I've seen my future husband. He's hot, hard and hunky - and goes by the name of Colby Miller. One of those sexy dark-eyed, dark-haired Filipino boys, he's a video jockey for Pop Inc on MTV Asia and I'm gonna quit my job to bake scrumptious Lemon Lime Cheesecakes and knit pullovers for him. I'm willing to toss away all my scruples just for a chance to sit in his pants :)

Can you tell I'm just this close to clobbering ya...Just kidding about that - although I have to admit, at the moment, I would leave my job in a New York minute if I had a better offer ( hint! hint! ). What can I say? I didn't have such a great day at work today. It wasn't the work in the hospital since that went swimmingly. It wasn't my studies - problematic as it's getting to be. It was as usual the work politics that I mentioned once a long while back. Work would be perfect - without the damned politics.

Those who tune in occasionally to medical dramas would notice the dangerous undercurrents beneath the neat, orderly world of medicine - all that sneaky politics and the occasional bitchy backbiting. Not to name names but I have a handful of superiors at work who love to nitpick on the smallest details to find fault with their medical officers. Instead of looking at the good, they insist on seeing the bad side of my colleagues - looking for reasons to nag and rave all day long. And it's up to me as the senior to listen to their litany of complaints - and try to reason out the various inadequacies of my colleagues.

I'm not a violent person ( I'm obviously lying about that :) ) but it was all I could do not to yell 'It's Clobbering Time!' and just lash out. I knew it was time to walk away when I felt my pressure rising and I had the horrible image of me headbutting the ranting ravers.

Never let it be said that I don't have a handle on my temper.

In the mood I'm in, no wonder I got this...

Sirius Black is your Hunk of Burnin' Love.
Sirius Black is your Hunk Burnin' Love.


Who Is Your Gryffindor Hunk of Burnin' Love?
brought to you by Quizilla

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Work politics get everywhere, alas. Sometimes I think a good ol’ clobbering time is just what the backbiting little weasels need to knock some sense of perspective into them. :o) And as you guys are in a hospital, you’d get to patch them up again afterward. (“Sorry Sir, your head is too damaged, I think we’re going to have to amputate.” Heheheh.)

I got Harry as my Hunk of Burnin’ Love. Which is cool, though I guess I’ll have to wait around for him for a few years if I want to avoid going to jail! Hmm. Waiting around for my hunk o’ love ... like that’s never happened before! :o\

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul !

Tell me abt it ?!! I was SO taken in by Colby as well when I first saw him on MTV..Man, where do they get all this CUTE VJs from, huh ?!! They must have an endless supply of them...LOL !!!

Anonymous said...

I am going to be one of those house husbands when I come across somebody to spend my life with. But I can't cook. :-P

AJ said...

Hands off Paul! Colby is mine! Mine! Mine! Mine...

No?

Sigh that was a short lived fantasy. Back to work.

savante said...

Ru! I loved the idea of amputating! God, I am turning vicious. But hey'you don't have to wait all that long since Harry's gonna be 18 very soon.

Ahmad... you have given me a vision of an endless supply of hot guys like Colby... I think I need a moment of silence for that.

Shigeki. I learnt. So can you! The right man can be the best incentive :)

We'll share Colby, Androjane. You take the days when I'm on-call and working - and I take the rest.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Well I was thinking just the threat of amputation might be enough to instill a healthy dose of terror into the weasels and keep them in line. But hey, I want you to be happy in your work, Paul, so don’t let me hold you back! I love to see a guy fulfilled. :o)

Looks like there’s a queue of guys wanting to see Colby fufilled ...

savante said...

I'm sure there are plenty of guys ( including me ) who wouldn't mind fulfilling Colby's every wish but I think he's too much the straight frat boy to fall for our ploys.

Paul

Jen said...

HI there!!
Im new around these parts but id thought id stop by your site and post. To my surprise there was a Potter reference, so that was my moment of execution.:-P

Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Wow, Cols has Malaysian fans already. I'll be sure to let him know. By the way, kids, why don't y'all come down to Manila where Colby's species run free!

Anonymous said...

but too bad he left MTV Asia. Colby is not afraid to take his shirt off! He's got a nice body (and hairy armpit hehe) that makes he's even hotter!!!

I love you Colby!!!