Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Confessions

It wasn't easy going to sleep last night. Every once in a while, I get the odd insomnia attack - usually defying any sort of explanation. It keeps me up staring at the walls and the ceiling for what seems like a lifetime.

Man in a bed


Perhaps a dark-haired hunk had a hand in keeping me awake and hell, it isn't that easy trying to ignore someone else in bed besides you. Books have a habit of creeping into my bed when I least expect it - and when Tony Romero came to bed with me that night, I certainly found it hard to resist. Confessions of a Casanova by Chris Kenry tells the story of.. well, a gay casanova of course. A charming ne-ér-do-well who specializes in the chase but doesn't do well with the happily-ever-afters.

Can't say much about the book yet ( since I'm juggling the unappealing main course of my textbooks along with the occasional appetizer of a gay casanova ) but I can tell you that I am engrossed in the story. The main character carries shades of a man I know so well - and yet I find myself sympathizing with the low, cheating bastard. It's like an accident that I know's gonna happen and yet I can't help wanting to know more. :)

Still, the damned book kept me up way past my normal bedtime ( damn, I've become a creature of habit ) - obviously affecting my internal clock. And when I woke up this morning, I was at my groggy worst. Not only did I spill the oats for breakfast, I buttoned my shirt the wrong way, snatched up an acid-green tie to match my pink shirt - and also picked up the wrong underwear. Imagine wearing a skimpy black thong to work. Not a good idea. :) It was a trying time in the changing room, that's for sure.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever choose that slutty undies unconciously by any chance? :-) I hope your body clock will be adjusted very soon. you don't want dark circles around your eyes. Wait a sec, you are still young. You don't have to worry about those. Damn it. (-_-# Anyway, Sweet dreams!

savante said...

Slutty undies are never comfortable. :) I'd never have worn it to work. Try doing ward rounds in a thong under the slacks and you'll know what I mean.

I'm not young! I'm old!

Paul

Jay said...

Acid green tie and a pink shirt. Well done, they'd never, ever guess you're actually gay.

hbjock said...

You know, lately my body clock has been majorly fucked up too... I haven't been able to sleep till about 4am these days and then I'm up by 10am... ugh... it's these damn blogs and the books i'm reading.. they're so addicting hehehe. I'm just glad that I usually work evenings =)

BTW, thanks for your compliments on my pic!! =) I'm glad someone likes my dorky smile hehe

Anonymous said...

it's a pretty fun book, no? i do wish that we got a bit more from the ex-boyfriends in terms of wackiness, but, whatever. i still enjoyed reading it.

Derek said...

I think it comes with the job - odd sleeping hours. You are working in the hospital after all.

Oooh, love the pic. Green and pink, I am amazed that you could pull off that combination. Hehe ...

AJ said...

With no disrespect to my fellow bloggers, SCREW THE GREEN TIE AND PINK SHIRT! lets see the black thong.. that thong.. thong! thong! thong! thong!
AJ

savante said...

Well, the pink and the gren made me look colour-blind :) I hated it and tried to avoid everyone as much as I could.

I wouldn't mind sleeping late at 4 but I gotta get up by 7 to work!

Androjane, that black thong? Hell, I'm gonna crumple it up and hide it at the back of my closet so there will be no chance of me ever accidentally taking it out again!

Paul