Monday, July 18, 2005

First crush

Work finished early so I planned a quick get-together for dinner with some of my collleagues. Since most of us are in the same department, talk usually revolves around work ( and some of our more... *ahem* memorable patients ) but somehow today someone brought up the topic of a first love. It's a topic that raises a lot of laughter, recalling how stupid we once were, and for some bittersweet memories. I didn't speak up then since I could hardly recall anyone that I had a crush on. Later when I came online and checked out the picture again, I knew.

The picture I posted on my last post - the Bollywood actor, Kiran Janjani - well, I mentioned in my reply that he resembled my ISO - if I squinted really hard. Something about the way he smiles and the way his eyes crinkle at the edges. If there are some residual feelings there, I'm not even gonna say it. :)

Hard chestMentioning the fact that my ISO surprisingly looked Indian brings to mind one of the guys I once had a crush on, way back when I was in upper secondary. Sexy Sanjeev. It was probably one of my first crushes since I can't recall having any before that. One of my schoolmates actually, and a really nice, sweet guy in my all-boys school. A quiet, soft-spoken guy who never broke the rules, did all his work in time and always coloured inside the lines. I was still pretty young myself, and I never thought farther ( certainly nothing as vividly X-rated as my recent sweat-soaked dreams ) than just kissing those sexy lips and perhaps rubbing that hard chest of his. Boy, that would have given him a heart attack for sure.

Well, that juvenile crush was all way before Mr Straight Boy discovered girls. :) And the fact that the majority of the giggling girls would fall head-over-heels all over his good looks. Attention from fawning schoolgirls brought out the vain narcissist in him - and that effectively dampened my ardour. A guy who spends hours in front of the mirror isn't the guy for me, no matter how good he looks :)

You might wonder what has happened to Sexy Sanjeev. Well, once every little while, I'd flip open the papers and see his face in the ads and I'd wonder what would have happened I'd actually kissed those lips.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh God, first crushes? Mine lasted an obsene amount of time and I still have something for him! And if he wasnt' best friends with three of my older brothers I'd jump him! Actually if he showed any interest in me I'd jump him and then hide him when my brothers came with the shotguns!
P.S. If that's what your ISO looks like, YUMMY!!!!

Mr RM said...

mUST all gay guys be good looking and hunky?

I think no straight person can resist such tights abs!

Jay said...

Your ISO looks like that?! I'm thinking I wanna meet this ex of yours!

And um, you too, of course, for being able to snare him!

I also used to have a thing for Indian lads - but funnily enough, I've never slept with one.

Sven said...

*snaps Paul back to the present*


..live now Paul, live now.. ;)

AJ said...

I sort of share you passion for curry ~smacks lips~* Currently I am seeing a nice indian boy...

But put me infront of a buffet & i'll try almost a bit of everything!

Luv AJ

grave_creek said...

i just love a hunky indian lad with light coloured eyes!!!lol!! well actually i find it hot when they have dark eyes too!!well really i just LIKE indian lads then!!lol!!

savante said...

My ISO's abs certainly look the same if that's what you mean. :)

Paul