Thursday, July 07, 2005

London Burns

There was a time years ago when I'd walk up from Leicester Square Station every morning, walk down I'd have some dim sum in nearby Chinatown (or a coffee in Soho ) before heading down for slow walk to Charing Cross for a browse at some of the lovely bookstores. And yeah, to share a quick lunch with my ISO. When I think of London, I don't see damp rain, thick smog and grey buildings... I recall idyllic autumn evenings sharing walks in the park with my wicked ISO, fighting with him over kebabs. :)

ShockedSo it was with some shock when I caught the news on the radio driving home that there has been a series of devastating bomb blasts in Central London. Stunned in fact when I thought of it happening to one of the places dear to me. It would be quite impossible to have not heard the news especially when it's been splashed all over the news that there have been explosions this morning between Aldgate East and Liverpool Street tube stations; between Russell Square and King's Cross tube stations; at Edgware Road tube station; and on a bus at Tavistock Square. Hardly a need to condemn the act as barbaric since it was that - and more. It is close to impossible to calculate the number of casualties but I can easily imagine with the rush hour crowds streaming out of the tube stations.

My prayers to all those involved. And a special salute to all the speedy emergency services being mobilized over there - especially the admirable doctors and nurses working overtime.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Those are barbaric acts indeed, my thoughts go out to the victims.

Anonymous said...

Where is the human nature of compassion and loving kindness?

An eye for an eye is making the whole world blind!

I hope such barbaric acts would NEVER come to Krungthep or Kuala Lumpur.

Kitjar