Saturday, July 16, 2005

Me, Myself and I

A reader of my blog mentioned that I usually talk about my daily dealings in life - but not often enough about myself. Is that true? :) Well, what is there to say about myself? Just a short recap then.

You guys already know I'm an overworked, under paid ( well, hope that's about to change! ) doctor in the anaesthesiology department. Must have mentioned that some time back since I do occasionally gripe about my work - although I am loving it... seriously. The daily work is something I love... talking to patients, knocking them out with anesthetics if they're talking too much ( kidding! ) and ogling them if they're really cute. I just can't stand the work politics - and the wickedly painful on-calls.

Still single as I've mentioned before. Like the country song says... desperately searching for love in all the wrong places. At work, I'm seriously sober and conservative in dressing so it isn't that easy trying to pick guys up there. I have had thoughts of wearing feather boas and talking with a limp wrist but I figure that doesn't exactly add to a patient's trust. Since my working schedule pretty much precludes an active social life, I don't have that many ways of meeting up with eligible gay bachelors.

Only had one serious relationship and that's with my ISO. He's a cute, funny guy who can occasionally be found picking up guys in gay bars. Nothing much to say there except that I liked monogamy and he liked men of all persuasions ( not that I don't like men like that but hey, I do have some restraint! )... :) But he's still a really close friend and I depend on his credit card for food on the occasional weekends.

I'm tongue-tied with strangers but once you get to know me, I can talk your ear off. Can be funny.. and I can be damned sarcastic too. Occasionally I spend too much.. and I'm a lil too obsessed with shopping but hey, everyone needs a hobby, right? And I am somewhat gainfully employed which means I can pay off my credit :)

So. *Deep breath here* Would you date me?

12 comments:

grave_creek said...

honey...who WOULDNT date you??? it seems that you dont have much belief in your power of attraction...from reading your post you seem to have all the requirements to be the perfect husband...good job,good looking,knows how to dress,fun in bed, cuddly...what else do you want??? we soooo have to find you a man so that you can satisfy your home wife needs!!!!(and on the way we get me a husband too!!lol)

Sven said...

In a heartbeat, Paul, in a heartbeat. But I think we would probably become friends in the end.. :)

Mr RM said...

I think you are a very nice person ------ at least from your writings online .

Well, I can't say how you look like, but I guess, you must be dashing in your "haute culture" clothes, hee hee ...... :) wink

Date-ble or not, you have to get the gay guys to respond.

Anonymous said...

No - I damn well wouldn't date you !

BUT I might marry you !! Well I am still waiting for a response to my proposal

Derek said...

Definitely excellent boyfriend material. ;P

Too bad you are 200km away *sigh*

Joel said...

hell yea...you are def boyfriend material. If I wasn't already taked I would be on a plane to...where is it you are again? ;)

Anonymous said...

I so would date a doctor! can't wait for you to go into private practise ( that wud be a lonnnnng time no?), which means more money.

So there, am shallow and materialistic :P

Aiyoh, let's be friend instead la :D

AJ said...

OMG! I could very well have met/seen you before as I used to work as a sales rep dealin with your dept. *shudder*

Anyone who can eat cockLes by the drain and blog about it is a potential in my book!

*so doctor* When can we like arrange for an appointment for you to evaluate my product package? I'm sure you will find it most agreeable & i've got some solid points to share with you... *poke poke*

savante said...

A marriage proposal! Cris, I say yes! Can I book the preacher? :)

Derek... 200 km is barely an hour away with my driving :)

Androjane, you can come poking around anytime.

Paul

Sven said...

Looks like your dance card filled up pretty fast, Paul :)

Jay said...

Um, excuse me guys, I booked him ages ago - I need him to help me come out to my parents! Remember, nice Chinese boy who's a doctor?

It's for a good cause.

savante said...

Sven, I'd still keep one dance for you, sweetie.

Jay... that would be hilarious! Imagine the farce that would ensue!

Paul