Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Medical incentives

There are many ways of getting people to do what you want. Short of brutally forcing them to heel, there are gentler, far more civilized ways of persuasion. The soft way, one would say. But when you run out of cajoling, you gotta offer some incentives in exchange for what you want. Even the most Machiavellian techniques require some sort of carrot to dangle. Almost everyone has their price - and mine is a hot blond hunk who yells 'Flame On' but that's something else entirely ( hell, I can't get the image of Chris Evans out of my head ).

During my morning rounds this morning, one of the house officers, Yummy Yee interrupted me with newspaper in hand. The kid was grinning like an idiot waving the papers around. The thought that I might have preferred that he wave something far more substantial in my face didn't cross his mind ( since he continued to press that delicious gym jock body against mine ) as he pointed to the headlines on the front page.

I've mentioned before - and reiterated the fact that the doctors ( in the public hospital anyway ) over here are miserably overworked and woefully overworked. Recently the government has been trying to retain and attract new employees to the ailing and poorly underpaid health services. Our allowances and our claims has been increased and just today, they mentioned a possible pay rise. Such incentives would certainly help ease the shortfall of manpower in the service - but does that mean I can't depend on my ISO's credit card anymore? :)

Still, Yummy Yee has a raise too - and he owes me lunch.

8 comments:

Will said...

If it makes you feel better, I can't get The Human Torch out of my head either. Ask any gay man why they wanna watch FF besides the fact that Chris Evan is in it, and they'll be hard presed to answer--myself included!

And yes, congrats on the medical incentives! You guys totally deserve it--and more.en will you finally BED YY!!

Now wh

grave_creek said...

hihihhi!!! ohh chris evan can light my fire anytime!!!lol!!!

well,well!!! you know what they say.......MORE MONEY,MORE...SHOPPING!!!!!YAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the raise, come to think of it I could desperately use one too. Damn all cars, and unscrupulous mechanics taking advantage of a pretty girl!!! ;)
As for the credit card.. didn't your momma teach you to never refuse a good looking mans cash? Hon, never ever say no to a bill you don't need to pay. ( As long as your morals don't scream!) Cheers!

Mr RM said...

CONGRATS!
i'm sure the medical service deserves a good pay hike!

Jay said...

God, I've never had a raise in my entire life :(

AJ said...

a raise is always good be it in private or at work! haven't watched FF yet so i'll ignorantly say "chris who?" But Jessica Alba... Now thats a babe!

Sven said...

Paul, YY's getting a raise and you'll have lunch on him, my poor brain is spinning, in a dirty way I fear..

Jay, maybe you should see a doctor? ;)

savante said...

Well, sara, my morals never scream. They only make a small squeak that I refuse to listen to.

Ah, Chris Evans. I want to do some pretty dirty unprintable stuff to him. Androjane, how can you not know?! :)

Lunch is on YY. And I'd love it if it really was on him... but I doubt it.

Paul