Saturday, August 20, 2005

Study updates

My weekly rant so if you've heard it before in numerous variations, you're welcome to skip down to my last blog :)

Remember that course I mentioned I was taking a while back? Well, damn, it's harder than I thought :) Going back to the world of relentless mugging isn't as easy as I thought it would be.

Years back as a medical student, I only had my books to think about - and very little else actually. Right now, I have a lot more balls to juggle about... my work ( and the inherent politics that gives me a headache ), my semblance of a social life ( and my near nonexistent dating life ) and now.. my studies! It simply doesn't help that the thought of pharmacology and physiology, the core of Anaesthesiology... puts me to sleep. Hell, I like the work but the theory is a complete sedative. Just reading the text would knock out a 300 pound man in seconds.. it's that dull and dry.

Work and my studies does put a crimp on my social life. It isn't easy making dates when I'm feeling groggy from work ( with all the anaesthetic gases floating happily about ) - or even worse, i have to prepare for a tutorial or a presentation of some sort. Still I need the occasional break! :) And the sight of a handsome smile across a dining table helps.

10 comments:

Mr RM said...

Welcome to my world. I have not had a date in months. Hey, I wanna have a date now! any takers?

It is impossible to juggle work, studies and resemblance of social life! Geez........

Mr RM said...

Ooooooppppppsss,

Forgot to mention that i wanted a STRAIGHT date. Well, it was only last week, when I pested this cute blogger KL for a date.

But, not any more, I wanna a real GIRL!

Anonymous said...

**trying to act cute**

Gambate neh... 9(^o^)P

Anonymous said...

ooohh, Poor Paul. I hope you won't get too tired from all the hard work and stuff. Every once in a while, an unexpected date might show up out of nowhere all of the sudden. :-) Keep fingers crossed! Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

You poor darling! Just think when all exams etc are passed and your earning big money - it'll all seem worth the hard work your putting in now.

As for love....it'll find a way!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... sounds like all you need to perform anaesthesia is to just read your text books to your patient. Just hope they fall asleep before you do!

Anonymous said...

Weeshiong - LOL! You beat me to it, I was going to say the same thing!

Kit - um, think this is the wrong place to be asking for a straight date, mate! :oD (BTW, I've had only one date in about the last fourteen years, so count yourself lucky! :o\ )

Paul - alas, dating and studying do tend to get in the way of each other. But perhaps you can watch Jesse Metcalfe's abs again while you read. :o)

Anonymous said...

i am sorry everyone but paul is currently not in... he is bringing his cute little niece our for man/date hunting.. er i mean for a walk... remember?

paul... please give us s report on ur hunt/walk result, ok? hehe...

Derek said...

Oh Paul sweetheart, I can totally understand what it feels like, as i have my studies and work and social life to juggle.

As Justin said, have to balance them the best you can.

All the best. And sometimes a little time off from everything is good - like your trip to PD recently.

Me said...

Oh Paul... :)