Thursday, September 15, 2005

Feeling the burn

Let's get it over with first. No gropes yet :)

I've finally figured out where all the tai-tais go in the afternoons. I mean, they have no work, and after all that shopping and drinking mai-tais, they gotta do something right? Well, I've figured out their secret.. they're all at the gym feeling the burn.

Seriously. Since I managed to get off work early ( well, not exactly unless you guys count about 4 early ), I sneaked out to the gym. Intrepidly enough, I went alone. Unlike the other day when the place was filled with musclebound hotties in shorts ( a disappointment I have to agree ), this evening it was filled with tai-tais in their luminous sportswear, hopping about while as they discussed their morning bargains at the wet market and the latest desperate housewife rumour.

Still, thank God they weren't around since I almost pulled a dramatic swoon again when I decided to up the stakes and cycled uphill for half hour. A huge mistake since I spent my workday being exposed to anaesthetic gases that left me a lil woozy. Don't know what crazy sadistic need drives me but I simply can't help but compete. It's the kiasu syndrome in me - and i hate being such a wimp. :(

Can't even lift that megatonne barbell. Fuck. What a wimp! So I'm slowly working towards it, inching towards that superficial, shallow goal. Then again, a tight six-pack isn't the only goal - I am also trying to avoid getting a massive heart attack while sipping my latte at 30. Now, that has to be a more acceptable goal for a serious guy like me, right?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

good goal...good goal. maybe I should reconsider my options on exercise. After, "sexercise" can only help so much.

Petie said...

What does tais-tais means? :

Billy said...

I think its a good goal....though its better to have a heart attack while sipping your Latte, than have it while drinking a Budweiser...too cliche =]

Mr RM said...

paul, even tai tais and datins want to be good looking, so that their rich husband would be interested in them...

is life so superficial as that? well, i guess, i also got the bug, that's why the gym is my third most important place after home and office.... geez, maybe, I am superficial too....

Anonymous said...

Tais-tais, datins, kiasu? Sorry, can you explain for this ignorant Englishman what these mean? Thanks.

I’m not convinced that such a vigorous gym regime is needed simply to avoid coronaries at 30. In fact, isn’t pushing yourself to an half-hour uphill cycle ride more likely to give you a massive heart attack now? :o\

Paul, do take care of that cute bod while you’re building it up!

Ryan said...

just wanted 2 say hi paul thanx 4 stopping in my blog.

AJ said...

Paul don't you mean sipping your not fat soy based latte? When you do get your 6 pack, you wanna keep it you know...

savante said...

Brian, if I had 'sexercise' I wouldn't go to the gym. I'd be at home 'sexercising'. :) Jamie is a lucky man!

Tai tais? Will explain in the next post. Forgot that all these are the odd colloquial terms that we use here.

Dave, I hate working out too. If I didn't have to lose weight, I wouldn't bother! :)

soy-based latte! Omigod, I hav eto give up caffeine too. I mean, I have cut down on that but to give it up would kill me for sure :)

Paul

Jay said...

When I go to the Fitness First gym in town - the gay one - it's always full of hotties. I actually have to dress up to work out there, damnit.

savante said...

Wow, Jay, that does sound intimidating!

Paul

Anonymous said...

not fat soy based latte? Bleargh. Might as well drink decaffeinated coffee with skimmed milk (what we call a "why bother"). :o$

Will said...

You go, gal! Show them tai tais you can be just as lean and toned as they are!