Thursday, September 01, 2005

A look in the mirror

It's really funny how everyone has a skewed perspective on the way they look. No one is ever really fully satisfied with the way they look. Seriously. I guess I've always looked at it as an excuse - one of those lil white lies beautiful people say ( with that painfully adorable aw-shucks smile ) to pass off as humble souls rather than the abnormally genetically gifted lot they really are. Like Jesse Metcalfe saying 'Oh no, I am not that perfect.. I have this little itsy bitsy pimple on my luscious, hard-as-rock butt'.

Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful


But it can actually be true. Hell, I'm not talking about me... I'm far from being a part of the beautiful people crowd and the number of genetic imperfections in my DNA would bar me from ever entering the impossibly utopian world of Gattaca.

If you haven't managed to guess by now, I managed to hijack Big Bicep Barry finally. Not easy kidnapping 6 feet of muscley, low-fat goodness but I managed to do it nonetheless. Resourceful lil me... when I put my mind to it, I can accomplish anything... While I actually thought he was mind-bogglingly cute ( and I have the oddest tastes :) ) poor Barry thinks he has a weight problem.

Good God, has he looked in a mirror lately? Where are the extra pounds? In his lil toes? The man makes me look like an overweight, midget-sized stepsister in borrowed rags. I feel like hiding under a stone - beneath a great big invisibility cloak! - when I'm sitting with him.

So all you sexy boyz out there.. admit your failings - certainly no need to apologize - you're cute. Live with it. :) If you wanna feel guilty about it, wear Speedos all the time, show some skin and spread some joy around. The world would certainly be a happier place.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh yes... do wonder where all those extra pounds are... is Big Barry not just about Big Biceps?

Anonymous said...

so you got Big Barry? How awesome. Looking forward to some stories about that one....

Speedos? Hmmm...yes...all those hot cute boys in speedos would be nice, but as I would be there to see it, *sigh* oh, well...But that means more eye candy for you guys!

I'll be happy looking at those nice jeans. I'm not a butt person, so I dont' know what it is about jeans that look so nice....

Anonymous said...

Yes, Paul, can you please expand a little on what kidnapping BBB entailed? You mentioned sitting with him, so was it that you took him to share your monthly Starbucks, or sinful beef noodle or something? Do tell. :o)

And does this mean we'll get to see sexy Unca Paul in his Speedos, then? Yum! :oP

Anonymous said...

BBB... I'm doing a research about Blood Brain Barrier. So, brain or brawn?

Joel said...

I want details...you hear me? DETAILS!!!

Petie said...

I agreed with the majority here :) Details please! Also what do u mean by hijacked him?? Is it just hi-jacked? :P Or more?

AJ said...

not to sound like a scotty clone but

I want details...you hear me? DETAILS!!!

savante said...

Big Bicep Barry isn't just muscles :) He is a nice guy - who is more than the sum of his pretty muscles.

ru, me in my Speedos? :) Not happening. I meant cute guys in Speedos and I don't fall into that category. I fall into the pervs with binoculars at the beach category.

Blood Brawn Barrier! I love it! Thx!

Details? Nothing much, I promise. We had dinner. We chatted. We ha drinks later. We chatted. We talked a lot actually. Nothing wild happened - but I'm still keping my options open.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Aw Paul, I thought the whole tenor of the post was that even the cutest people get uptight about what they see in the mirror. So maybe other people rate you higher in the cuteness factor than you realise.

When I look in the mirror, I just get the Mulan (Disney character) thing: Why is my reflection someone I don’t know? And not in a good way. :o(

savante said...

True enough but I don't think I'm judging myself too harshly. I'm just not that cute :) Really.

Paul