Saturday, November 19, 2005

Getting out of bed

Just woke up with the realization that I must have the most boring sleep attire known to gay man.

SleepwearWith the sunlight slashing its way through my window ( yeah, I have a bedroom facing east ), sleeping through till lunchtime isn't all that easy and I'm by far too fastidious to pull the curtains across since it's already tied back in the perfect fall - showing off the delicate designs imprinted on the cloth and catching the light in its myriad folds. Don't get me started on the curtains. So even on weekends when I'm not working, I'm usually up by 9 at the latest. Got online and chatted with some guys that I've met through the blog and out of curiosity asked them what they were wearing since I was still in my comfortable jammies.

It left me flabbergasted. Obviously comfort doesn't mean style - or sex appeal.

Gay men everywhere dress - or should I say undress - to sleep in the most appealing sleep attire from plain shorts and nightshirts to boxer shorts to briefs ( ?? ) to absolutely nothing. The naked skin brushing against clean sheets boggled my mind ( and I have to admit, titillated me as well since we all love a hot naked man in our beds, don't we? ). Although it isn't that cold over here and the temperature swings from oven-baked to sultry, it does get a lil cooler in the evenings - and I can easily imagine how chilly it gets in temperate countries. Don't they get cold lying about in the altogether?

Am I the only guy who goes to bed in flannel pyjamas?

I hear a silence. Hell, now all I need is bunny slippers.

13 comments:

Mark said...

Sleepwear?

Whats that?

canardbidon said...

what i don't understand is how some guys leave their UNDERWEAR on when they sleep! doesn't it get a tad uncomfortable down there? urgh...

paul: i used to wear made-in-china pjs... but have since discovered the joys of boxers

don't like being totally naked , but maybe just takes gettin used to

Petie said...

I wore tanktop and short. I didn't want to sweat too much all over my blanket and bedspread :pp

SLeeping naked isn't the option for me really...

Anonymous said...

Don't think I've even seen flannel pyjamas on sale for many years now. Actually I think they're kind of cute, especially if they go with the young-dad-with-young-kids image ... or young uncle, heh. Definite sex appeal there, Paul. :o)

I have a big warm duvet (quilt) to sleep under / around / over (depending on the temp). Boxers only because I have older parents who sometimes call on me in the middle of the night.

Anonymous said...

Ummm. Flannel.... Ewwwww. Um no no no no no. We must change that now! Also, I do the whole ala-nude thing myself. I hate clothes when I sleep since I toss and turn. Ick.

Anonymous said...

loose tshirt and shorts here. not very sexy, i'm afraid ;-)....
but flannel pyjamas are a bit too dead, i think ;-)

Anonymous said...

hmmm...you haven't mentioned flannel pjs!just imagining myself in flannel in bed...oh god i'm already sweating.just get rid of them try our natural way just once ;)

Anonymous said...

Paul, you're seriously too cute for words.

Anonymous said...

Pyjamas?! Don't make me come over and strip you

AvR said...

I have never once, nor can I imagine sleeping nude. I love pajamas, and have them from lightweight to heavy-weight, and as the temperature gets colder here in North Carolina (it was 28 degrees F last night) I always sleep with a window open: this way, I snuggle under my down comforter and yes, a cashmere blanket, enjoying my nest.

(I think a man in pajamas is sexier than frank nudity.)

savante said...

klmuscle, too warm? Seriously? I get a really cold breeze coming thru my windows in the night! I bet the bunny slippers at M&S cost a bomb!

Darien, you decadent naked man.

canard, I don't like being totally naked when I sleep too. But I don't understand guys who wear their restrictive underwear either. I only wear my pjs.

pete, I know what you mean about sweat - and let's not go on about other bodily fluids.

Well, ru, they still sell pyjamas over here - mostly made in China, I assume.

Bren, you're in the nude category too :) Join istanbulcasual and lost :)

closetalk, loose t-shirt and shorts is what I wear at slumber parties :)

james, I totally agree :) So why isn't there a cute stud beside me enjoying my cuteness?

weeshiong, owner of that cute butt... come over and strip me now!

ariel, you are my saving grace. Thank God I am not the only one in pjs.

Paul

Michael said...

I love jimjams. My new favorites are poplin so they are cottony light and soft. Bottoms only, thanks. ;-)

Zemien said...

I personally wear t-shirt, shorts and boxers to sleep. I'm used to it, so I can even have a blanket covering me while sleeping in our warm weather!

I tried the whole nude and just-boxers set up and I can't make it work. I get too uncomfortable and I worry about staining my bedsheet with sweat (among other bodily fluids).

Plus, sleeping nude makes me horny as hell. But I wouldn't mind doing so with another guy ;)

In short, different clothes for different folks :P