Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Sightless

Slow night. Gotta save up on those sleep hours since I've been going out late every night for the past week. No posts last night since I was out downing several mugs of beer with some chips while my colleagues and I talked about the upcoming weddings. A woozy head doesn't a good post make - only makes me randy and horny as hell actually.

Took a blind tip today and decided to check out a new series ( suggested by my ever-friendly pirate DVD guy who shall remain unnamed ) called Blind Justice.

Jim DunbarSure, Ron Eldard might be a sightless homicide detective in this series but that doesn't make him any less yummy :) A lil older but still delicious in his suit and shades. Wounded in the line of duty, this stubborn cop makes it a point to get back on the force despite his own misgivings - and the crap he's dished out by his colleagues on the force.

All of us have our own handicaps, whether it has to do with our six senses ( yeah, I did say six! ) or something else. We can't help it, we're all human after all. No one's perfect, not even that hunky, muscular guy guzzling beer at the end of the bar who might have a hangnail or a sixth toe on the foot - well, except for Chris Evans who's just perfect in every way :)

I have more than a few handicaps of my own, and I've mentioned more than a few of them here. And I actually like them - as odd and kooky as some of my handicaps might be, as I'm sure I'd love the idiosyncrasies of yet-to-be-found boyfriend. We all hear of Prince Charmings coming by with their chargers but seriously, who'd want someone impossibly perfect? I certainly wouldn't want the shiny, spotless facade of a paragon since the reflection of my own inadequacies would drive me slowly insane for sure.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, perfect is boring. Even being too compatible is boring. But if the Incompatibility is more than a minor thing, it can be downright brutal!

Anonymous said...

According to Plato, nothing is ever perfect like you mentioned so I wouldn't know if I want the perfect guy as he doesn't exist on this planet. :-( In the meantime, I will just stick with what I think would be perfect? :-)

Anonymous said...

If perfect is boring then I could do with a little boring, heh.

So now we know we just have to get Paul with a woozy head ... ;oP

Mark said...

Yeah! What Mr Brian said!

Jay said...

Nobody's perfect until you fall in love with them.

OK, all together now - barrrf.

Petie said...

To be perfect, it imply that there is no room for change since it would be deem unnecessary.

Quite impossible in real life really... Afterall, people like to change people whether they want to admit it or not :P

savante said...

Totally agree, Brian. Perfection would drive me screaming since I'm as far from perfect as could be :)

shigeki, that sounds like a good plan. Unfortunately I'm finding it difficult sticking to what isn't perfect.

quirks do it for me too, dave. Damn, I couldn't think of that word the other day when I wrote the post!

maida...21!!?!

ru, catch me after my call day and I'm usually woozy.

jay, that has to be the sweetest thing you've ever said :)

Know exactly what you mean, Pete...

Paul