Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Boxing Day Aftermath

Well, it was Boxing Day after all so what better way to spend the day than watching King Kong doing his share of boxing.

Lame, I know :) Despite my recent moratorium on avoiding Big Bicep Barry, I couldn't slink myself out of this date since the tickets had already been bought. And I guess you have to reward the man for being so damned resourceful especially since we've been hunting for those damned tickets forever! What with the recent school holidays, the cinema here has been crammed full to the roof with screaming schoolchildren and it has been almost impossible to get a seat.

Somehow through blackmail, threats or illegal sexual favours ( that he should have shared with me, dammit! ) the man managed to get us seats right in the center of the cinema. It actually amazed me that some of the kids were actually watching such a movie. Although it was rated PG, we had blood splattering half the screen. With all the gory, almost gratuitous bloodshed, I don't think I've seen such an extreme body count ever since Pete Jackson's last magnificent oeuvre :) For some inexplicably morbid reason, he seems to enjoy tossing broken bodies into fathomless pits/ravines ( not to mention having blond New Yorker dames thrown against walls ). Despite the penchant for mindless deaths, the special effects were simply out of this world however and there's nothing quite like having the Kong going toe-to-toe with a T-Rex.


I have an amazing body. Really!


And Adrien Brody - despite that abnormally large nose - has an amazingly fit torso to make up for it :)

10 comments:

Matt. K. said...

i have to agree with that!!

Anonymous said...

And while you were screaming at the bloody scene, did you ever grab his big big arm or anything???? I would if I were you. :-) Happy Evening!

Joel said...

Yea Adrien is a hottie for sure! I thought the effect were awesome but the movie went a little long I thought. Oh well!

Anonymous said...

Aye aye with Shigeki. :)

I almost scampered out of the cinema during the scene where those giant flies, centipedes, and slugs came attacking. Eeew BIG TIME!

Anonymous said...

The King Kong story never did that much for me, so I didn't see why Jackson would want to do another remake. Not really tempted to go see it.

BBB's devotion in getting you prime tickets is amazing, and very sweet. But yes, Paul, in answer to your comment on the previous post, men can be very confusing ... just as confusing as women. :o\

ça va pas la tête said...

Once, I was watching a movie and guess what, another playing behind me.

The mother was fighting with the children as to who's to sit next to daddy!!!!! arghhhh

Musang said...

i'm stucked at home and you telling stories bout going watching movies got me depressed...

watch with soon-to-be-boyfriend friend...

i'm really depressed.

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

You're avoiding Barry?????

MrBunnyBan said...

Avoiding? Erk, are you sure you want to go that far? Erm, not being so forward and touchy is one thing but...heck, you don't want him to think you lost interest so soon, do you?

Oh dear. Now I sound like I'm contradicting myself.

savante said...

Matrian! Thanks for dropping by and yeah, Adrien was surprisingly fit! But aren't you amazed, Chas?

Shigeki, I did more than grab his arm actually. He kept on complaining that the guy in front of him was blocking his view so I grabbed his arm and pulled him to my side so we ended up cramped shoulder to shoulder during the movie :)

Yeah, it was a freakishly long movie, Scotty. Some kids almost fell asleep since it was way too long.

God, you reminded me of that gruesome part with the foot long cockroaches.. I was so freaked out by that, mark!

I do agree that it's always nice that he goes al t way just to get the tickets. Don't know he finds the time to do so.. and it is kinda sweet, ru.

cava! The daddy must be one sweet, hot daddy. :)

musang, you'll get better soon. Don't worry! You'll soon be hopping about in the clubs soon.

Not avoiding exactly, Brian. Just.. trying not to appear too eager.

No groping ,lost. I'm trying to maintain a cool adult image.

I'm equally confused, Daniel. Kinda like a ditzy freshie just fallen in lust.

Paul