Thursday, December 08, 2005

Perhaps Love

It is late and I just returned from a movie. Has been a while since I've actually been to a Chinese movie in the cinema - as in a Mandarin/Cantonese speaking movie. Usually I save it for the Chinese New Year when a whole rowdy group of my cousins block book a few rows to catch whatever dumb flick is opening that night. Last year I caught the worst movie in the world with my cousins ( and that's a fucking two hours I'd lost that I'll never regain and as one of the eldest, I paid for the lost hours! ), a horrible Chinese flick called Himalaya Singh that is so bad that the director should be taken out and executed by a firing squad.

Slashing his way in House of Flying Daggers
Takeshi Kaneshiro... meltingly hot hunk


Still this time, I didn't have much of a choice since a bunch of abnormally patient preschool critters stood in line at the cinemas for hours ( seeing that it's a freaking school holiday! ) waiting to open a musty wardrobe. So the wonderful world of Narnia - should I say endless winter - remained closed to Barry and me.

So I ended up pondering the constancy of love.

Ten years this guy waited for his girl to return his love. Ten freaking years, people! Perhaps it really is love.

10 comments:

MrBunnyBan said...

Damnit. Now everytime I go to the gym, I can't help but wonder "Is this guy Barry? Maybe...this guy! Shucks, they've all got big biceps. ^^; "

Intuition sense ringing...You mentioned that you already outed to Barry, right? Straights don't usually insist on romantic movie nights out with a gay guy. Alone. Could it be BBB has the hots for you?

What's Perhaps Love about, anyway? Any good? Any...subtitles?

savante said...

Can't tell for sure. Barry could be a really bored straight guy who loves movies. And he has big biceps.

Perhaps Love? Interesting enough. :) More on that after my beauty sleep.

Paul

Legolas said...

Wouldn't try to strongly recommend to others after watching it just now. Though Jacky's still a God, nobody can sing better than him. He's got a strong background of musical experience after the Snow.Wolf.Lake tour. He sings to your heart. You feel pain because of his pain.

Anonymous said...

It's definitely love. :-) Did you happen to miss some of the things you did while you watched the movie??? huh? paul, huh? huh? :-)


Takeshi Kaneshiro... He is always gorgeous. I love him.. But He is so straight.

Anonymous said...

ok wait- i'm confused- so you and Barry are just haning out- and we still don't know if he's gay or not? or did he come out to you and you guys went out on a date?

takeshi kaneshiro is sooo hot.

Anonymous said...

Didn't take you that long to go to the movies with Barry then! :oD But you so should have taken him home again with you afterwards.

Takeshi reminds me of Orly as Legolas in that pic. Yum :oP

mikey said...

No offense guys, but Takeshi is the worst actors I've seen. Got looks but no fucking talents.

I can't wait for The Memoirs of Geisha though, and Narnia too!

We're going to catch Bareback mountain tonight! Err...I mean Brokenback Moutain.

Jay said...

Last Chinese movie I saw in a cinema was Crouching Tiger. And before that, I must've been about 8 years old.

Takeshi is cute but oh so bland.

-goes back to fantasising about Hugh Jackman-

Anonymous said...

Zhang Ziyi is featured on the cover of today's Times magazine (the colour supplement) ... now there's a lovely woman who's obviously had plenty of beauty sleep.

Okay, I know that's kind of irrelevant to this blog, but. :oD

savante said...

Well, leggy, I'd agree that it wasn't the best movie made but at least give them credit for trying :)

Anything weird and kinky happened during the movie? Couldn't do anything, shigeki, since I was much too busy looking for the subtitles.

well, jobiggs, join the confusion since I don't know either! Check out my next post.

c.jordan. Takeshi is cute but Mikey is right. :)

ru, you're right. Takeshi has shades of Orly. And Zhang Ziyi looks amazing in the Geisha.

jay, Hugh Jackman has no comparison.

Paul