Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Principles of Avoidance

Isn't it funny how we try our best not to think of something and yet it's sitting right there the whole day waiting to be noticed like a large pink elephant in a frilly tutu?

Not as easy trying to stop thinking of Big Bicep Barry as I imagined. Spent the evening out with my friends at a seaside bistro/bar downing cute little alcoholic drinks with umbrellas while we caught up with each other on our various Christmas frolics.

Quite an eventful one for me actually. From the last post during Christmas, I actually made a resolution to slow down the single-minded obsession to overwhelm him with my presence. As I started thinking about it, it started to sound more and more like a carefully planned military campaign - and I felt like a calculative, Machiavellian cad. Moreover, it occurred to me that there's still a possibility that he is hopelessly straight - despite what my rotten ( and utterly biased ) gaydar is telling me. Perhaps he even thinks of me as a... younger brother!

Excuse me while I barf!

Certainly not avoiding him but I've tried my best not to initiate anything so far! For the last few days have tried not to think of anything remotely connected to him so I avoided the gym to the best of my ability - some restaurants that we frequented and every record store that I could think of ( since we're both avid music fans ).

Didn't work all that well though :) Aided no doubt by the alcohol flowing, I managed to forget about any such resolution throughout the night as my colleagues and I gossiped about everybody else in the hospital. Trashed some reputations and demolised a handful.

But then just as I was getting into the car, I saw the CD that he gave me peeking out of the dashboard and I had this sudden compulsion to play it. It was the same song he sang weeks back and it made me smile.

Yeah. What a sap. Falling for a straight guy. How clichéd!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post show how pure Paul is. :) that's so pretty. Drinks with umbrellas. Thta's so kewl. I hope you enjoyed your evening by gossiping. Just don't wet dream too much. (-_-)...

jjd said...

hrmph. Oh, what the straight boys do to us.. though like you, I'm not so convinced this guy is straight: if he is, he's really, really dense! Hm.. maybe he *is* straight.

Anonymous said...

So what was the song he sang?

Lost, love the cute new profile pic.

Jay said...

Man, wouldn't it be great if he ended up being gay after all and you lived happily ever after and we, your loyal readers, have been here following the romance story right from the start?

Legolas said...

Maybe he IS straight, straight guys are senseless bastards. But with BBB, he's a cute bastard. Heheh...

Dildos said...

he is gay la....

does he have a gf... i mean like ever?

ça va pas la tête said...

I agreed with shigeki. Paul is so pure!

Paul, when u are sooooo over BBB, I am taking a queue to go after you, ok?

Mark said...

Well darl - I empathise, truly. I had much the sam eexperience with Brian... and ways you know what I think.

D xox

Anonymous said...

Ain't that mysterious and sweet? Things and places that remind you of him, as much as you try to ignore/avoid them, poke you in your off-guarded moments. Don't the best things come when you least expect them? ;-)

Anonymous said...

hmm. what to say, what to say....

We can always hope BBB gets tired of you avoiding him and comes crashing into your bedroom while you're sleeping and....

oops....

maybe we better not hope.

Kenji said...

kw and I have the notion that all straight guys are cuter/hotter looking... and gosh... we fall for them like bee to nectar...

Ugh... but lets not be too pessimistic... I'll pray that your gayday didn't go *twang* and that its correct instead! :D

PS: As I've said a few times before... stay off alcohol! >_<

PPS: Oh and I have yet to wish you... Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :D

Francis Ford Faggola said...

He is not str8. He is spending way too much time with you. Str8 guys don't really do the one-guy-as-a-friend thing right?

Musang said...

i started to think that he's not straight as well.

maybe he's just...

i don't know. takkan takde hint from him that he likes you a lot. or maybe, he just want a relationship without sex...

anyway, happy new year!!

savante said...

I know, lost. I'm trying to nip it in the bud before it gets too bad.

I'm pure? Really :) I like it, Shigeki! And ca va, you do have a chance!

jjd, he is pretty dense sometimes :) Needs someone like me to knock some sense into him.

The song he sang, ru? It's a Chinese song by David Tao.

Hope you're right, Jay and mark. Have my fingers crossed but I'm not gonna pin all my hopes on it.

Well, leggy, he is cute :) Not sure if he really is a bastard though.

Doesn't have a girl actually, wjee.

Darien, ouch! You had the same thing with Brian?

Maida, gonna see my secret lover soon!

Brian, hope you're right too but he doesn't have to break the door. It's always open :)

Chas, the straight guys are always so hot right? A happy New year to you too, Chris!

It does sound a little suspicious, Holden but he could be one of the odd guys who make friends with gay men - for some obscure reason. Musang, I'm sure he likes me - just not sure in what way!

Paul

Anonymous said...

Paul, yeah, but which song by David Tao?

Goodness me, you're so reticent, you might as well be straight! :oD

jason said...

You're so adorable, Paul...

Here's to a new (non-straight boy) year!

hugs,
jason

hcpen said...

i think after reading all your posts on BBB, he has got to be gay or UNBELIEVABLY dense, str8 men don't normally hang around OPENLY gay men one on one however accepting and open they are...Happy 2006!!