Friday, December 23, 2005

Raging rumours

A hospital sometimes feels like an island. Since the staff numbers in the thousands, the grounds are understandably extensive to support the facilities - and most of us are duty bound to remain ( usually against our will ) in the confines of the hospital for the larger portion of the day, it can be assumed that a hospital does resemble a closed community of its own separated from the rest of the population - with its own idiosyncrasies, its own inexplicable language and its very own dark humour ( that is unfortunately usually misinterpreted by the general public ).

And like any closed community, we do more than our fair share of gossiping. Let's face it, although we are running ragged with work most of the times, we do have our quiet spells ( brief though they may be! ) cooped up together in the hospital and we have no choice but to probe insistently into each other's private lives ( we also do the occasional digging into the patient's personal lives especially the more intriguing ones but that's just plain being a bloody snoop :) ). Such probes are occasionally followed by the occasional fumbling matchmaking attempts but I've expounded on this before.

Still there are some rumours that even I haven't heard of - despite the fact my rumour radar's working fine ( as opposed to my unfortunately rusty gay-dar that can't even pick up Big Bicep Barry's hidden sexuality ).

Together in the saddle
Do you think they know about us?


It was at work last night when my ears perked up ( thankfully since I was nodding off )over the fact that there are some interns who actually suspect that Handsome Hui might be gay. According to them, a man who's in possession of looks, some degree of wealth and a career should be in search of a wife - and if not, he shall be deemed a raving fag. Certainly not what Jane Austen had intended, I'm sure. And they all agree that he as a certain quality. Although I've had my suspicions for some time, I've never had it confirmed since the boy's been disagreeably mum about the matter despite threats and blackmail. Since then I've kept my suspicions to myself and it surprises me that there are others out there who share the same suspicions. Does two gay rumours make a fag?

God knows what the hell they're saying about me. Nothing good, I'm sure.

7 comments:

Francis Ford Faggola said...

No amount of rumor would make it substantial. However, if a lot of people are picking up on the fag vibe, then it could be true...

Happy Hols Unca Paul! :P

Anonymous said...

Handsome Hui? Fairly obvious.

What they say about Paul? - Ah, everyone knows about Paul already (but did you hear about that black thong he wore to work once, lar?) :oD

Anonymous said...

i think i mentioned the rule once to you about doubts: if there is a doubt, then there is no doubt.

mind, that's not 100% correct all the time because there are those people that you don't have doubts about, but turn up to be from team gay anyway.

canardbidon said...

Are you a man who's in possession of looks, some degree of wealth and a career?

Then you know the answer... ;)

Jay said...

Time to put a rest to all the rumours. Just come out already!

savante said...

Thanks, Holden! Merry Christmas to ya.

The black thong chafes like hell, ru :) And a merry Christmas to you, darlin'.

Raph, oh yeah, you told me the rule before!

Well, canard, I have no looks, hardly any wealth but I do have a career. One out of three isn't too bad :)

Working on it, Jay. Hui knows I am gay anyway.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Chafing, Paul? Aw, let me rub some lotion in for you. ;oP