Friday, January 20, 2006

Workmates and friends

Seriously, watching movies on cable certainly isn't what it used to be. I've been sitting - perhaps stunned by the sheer inanity would be a better description - through the silliest movie ever made about two guys on an insane road trip. Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle must have been made after a slacker director ( no doubt an immigrant child ) got heavily stoned on tons of drugged hamburgers.

Still watching two guys on a road trip actually described what Handsome Hui and I were doing after work today. It was on a sponsor search actually for an upcoming conference and I drove the boy around town since he isn't all too familiar with the place. And before any of you get absolutely funny ( and inappropriate ) ideas about our relationship, let me clarify that he's practically like my kid brother. Well, perhaps a younger gym-freak brother who's kinda hot with pretty defined pecs. He hasn't forgiven me for the nipple tug yet though. :)

For a guy who seems to have busloads of bosom buddies, Hui turned out to be quite the loner and he actually bemoaned the fact that he didn't have anyone in town. It stunned me for a moment as I stared back at him. Isn't it odd how we all have preconceived notions about someone we know that might not be true at all? Although I try to include him in most of the social excursions held by my colleagues, all of us usually assume ( the wrong assumption obviously ) that he has plans of his own.

Since he is quite the looker, I've always imagined his social schedule to be enviously filled to the brim with hopeful debutantes ( or would that be hoping-to-score studs?! ) but it seems that he actually spends most of his evenings staring mindlessly at the boob tube in his bachelor pad, crying over stale coffee, pirated DVDS and sheer boredom. Unbelievable but true!

Despite my pathetic and practically nonexistent social life, I actually sound like a freaking social butterfly in comparison to him.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think your social life is pathetic at all considering you have some awesome "bicepses" to watch, awesome pecs to see. :)

I am all booked with my crazy stuff that I can no longer socialize with my friends. (T_T)

Have a fantabulous weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hey I wanna pull a nipple too!

Anonymous said...

Well Paul what can I say - it's 4:34 am in Tokyo and just came back from a drinking binge! :-) Thank god for my sanity...I'm still sober and well sound to type a couple of comments before I head for the comfy of my bed. Oh by the way it's snowing in Tokyo....how nice.....

Like you - I wish I was hanging out with some potential "friend" but intead was being straight the whole night! My colleagues now have a plan and they are going to get me hitched by the end of the year! Sigh..... Have fun with your Handsome Hui - he just need some attention and who knows you will score yourself one hot looking dude with awesome pecks and biceps! :-)

Musang said...

you pulled his nips?

OMG.

that is soooooo not appropriate.

anyway, how was it?

Anonymous said...

Poor Hui. Can you take him out around some more, or maybe introduce him to some other gay friends, or even get him blogging? :o) Or buy him an Xbox.

But if I were you, I wouldn't introduce him to BBB ... because knowing my luck, they'd fall for each other and I'd be left out in the cold. QED.

Jake Silver said...

i really liked that movie. i think doogie howser stealing a car is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Evidently, he wants you to take him out more. Maybe he's got a bit of incest on his mind. ;)

So when was his pink tiehood confirmed? After the Naughty Nurse thing? Or was it way before, and I just missed it?

Musang said...

ru... you remind me of my calculus classes with the "QED" in your comment.

once i became blank in in-class test. i walk out with half way answer in the answer booklet.

ended with QED phrase. (it was easy to get up and walk out occay).

quite classy.

i failed that test.

Anonymous said...

How come you dont have any feeling for Handsome Hui?

Anonymous said...

poor Hui. if only being alone with ur TV and stale coffee can sound less sad. i know, try adding "to source out bathroom tiles" as one's MAJOR SOCIAL HIGHLIGHT for the week. thats how exhilirating my social calendar is. so i guess that pushes Hui's life up a notch, eh? :)

savante said...

But shigeki, it is pathetic considering the fact that I only can watch and see the biceps and the pecs.

weeshiong, surely you can find a nipple around to pull :) And I surely do recommend it.

Drinking binge in Tokyo, Ian. That sounds wild :) Hardly score with him, he's like my kid brother! I even pat him on the head.

Bitch, it was a fun change from patting him on the head.

Buy him an X Box? That sounds like a cool idea, ru. Will suggest that he get one. QED.

Jake, you watched Harold and Kumar!

Pakcik, not sure why actually. Just never got those vibes.

Designdoc, why are you sourcing bathroom tiles? But if it's for interior decor, I'd love it!

Paul

ça va pas la tête said...

Paul, I am so very available for the handsome hui now. ;)