Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Aftermath

The neverending phlegm is almost gone and there's no fever but now I'm in the draggy post-illness funk that hits just after. Makes you feel like you've just completed a damned marathon up the Everest. Compounded with my horrible 24 hour call last night, it's almost a fucking miracle that I could crawl out of the rec room at the hospital today.

Showering ice cubesYet with some superhuman reserves, I somehow managed just that. Despite the shower spewing out ice cubes from River Torne, even managed to clean up a little since I hate looking like a freaking slob after work. Slicked up with my tie and white coat, I felt almost human again until about 10 in the morning, when I suffered a debilitating relapse and had to dash home for the restorative touch of Hypnos.

Instead of commiserating with my illness - and offering tea, sympathy and hot men, some of my friends have seen fit to proffer bits of advice.

My ever helpful ISO : Aiyo. Sick again. Lots of fluids, vitamins and hot mansex. Guaranteed cure.

Seriously. If I had the hot mansex on the tap, I certainly wouldn't be half as desperate :)

Big Bicep Barry : You could try sweating it out at the gym. It could help.
Not surprised that the big guy would offer such advice since he's an avid fan of dumbbells ( and evidently dumb belles too but let's not talk bad of our fellow creatures, shall we ). But honestly in my state of exhaustion, unless the man offers a naked backrub after the fact, I'm not stepping near the gym.

Shameless Shalom : Aren't the antibiotics working yet?!
It has but why is it taking so long! Like all of us modern age types who have no patience to wait, I demand immediate release from such misery!

In times of trouble such as this, luckily I have sweet Charming Calvin - one guy I'm having my eye on lately - to commiserate with. He hasn't been feeling all that well lately and we've been sharing pathetic tales of medical woe. Definitely some virulent bug making its rounds over here but at least he's well enough to start ironing clothes this afternoon ( since he does it all the time... some odd fetish, I'm sure! )!

18 comments:

Legolas said...

Ironing as a fetish? How really odd! ;-p

Squido said...

Avain flu?

Sorry, it's in the news lately and i'm kinda affected by it.

I hope you don't iron him too many times, you might just burn him out ;)

Wild Reeds said...

Dear Paul,
Fill a small tub with hot water, and after it has stopped steaming, add a few drops of lavender oil to it. Then immerse your feet in the tub (with a towel to pick up the run of water when you take your legs out). Stay like this for 10 minutes with a frozen wet eyepad/lemon on each closed eye.
get well soon.

Anonymous said...

I am surprised no one offered you with hot luving with someone dreamy would get you in a better condition in no time. I mean I'd do that. :)

But seriously, take good care of yourself, dude. Get lots of sleep and sweat a lot.

Maximus Leo said...

Fly me to Malaysia and will look after you and give you a good hug! That's the doctors prescription! :-)

you take care of yourself.... I really sympathised with your work load but you're doing a good cause to humanity. Hope you have accumulated enough karma credits!

Ian

Anonymous said...

I can't stand people who say that sweating it out at the gym works for them so it should work for you. Not true! It would kill me! Though the hot man sex is a good idea that has worked for me in the past. Just keep resting honey pie until the mean ol' virus is done with you.

Just Me said...

I wish I had some home remedy for you to help you get better faster. I hope you feel better soon.

akihisa said...

Yeah, doctors should look GOOD no matter what the circumstances. It's all in the image. ;p

savante said...

Leggy, it is a weird fetish!

Good God. Avian flu! I'm already paranoid, squido!

wildreeds... that sounds lovely. Shall do so.

Shigeki, well, my ISO did suggest some hot loving but he's miles away.

Plenty of karma credits by now, Ian. Now I need to exchange those credits for a gorgeous stud.

sue, I know exactly what you mean! Going to the gym makes me feel like I've been run over.

Thanks, cr. Feel better already.

Paul

Anonymous said...

suddenly i realize this... u r so close as a friend with ISO... u r so close as a friend with BBB... do you get so friendly with everyone? r u building this "friend path" with everyone? omg... this is so so no good... better start taking initiative to land urself a man or they will all just be ur friends...and when everyone just take u as a friend... trust me... that is very painful and irritating...

savante said...

chowhofun, I am trying to maintain a friendship with my ISO. Not gonna try anything with him :) BB ... well, I'm not sure what's going on there but the ball's in his court. Till then, we'll be friends.

Don't know how but they somehow turn out friends. Sigh! You are right!

Paul

hrugaar said...

'unless the man offers a naked backrub' Maybe you should have suggesed that to him. Though actually the "fuck me or fuck off" line I suggested a while back might have more impact, heheh.

I may have I like you as a friend, but... carved on my tombstone, I've heard it so may fragging times. :o\

Anonymous said...

Charming Calvin? is this the guy that we talk about that day thru sms?

Why are u so lucky?

ça va pas la tête said...

doctors cant be desperate... ;)

Anonymous said...

bankers can be desperate too you know :(

Anonymous said...

Why is the ball in Barry's court? He's given you the flowering plant, gone to your movies, he might see the ball as in your court. What else can he do to court you? What scenario do you now expect? I agree with Chowhofun. Time to turn into evil Paul. ;)

savante said...

ru darlin, I am starting to think that might be my epitaph too. chowhofun is right.. I should be playing hard to get.

It is actually.. I think, pakcik. Lucky?

Doctors are always desperate, ca va. We don't have the time to look about for guys.

Not sure about all that, sue :)

Paul

savante said...

You're right, boy! Plan to do so soon!

Paul