Monday, February 13, 2006

Cool weather

Obviously someone up there must have been reading my blog post yesterday about the sweltering heat since it rained like cats and dogs yesterday evening. Drenched any ideas I had about trolling down to the temples for a photo shoot - especially since the last time I actually did something vaguely touristy ( apart from crazy relentless shopping ) was years back when I was still a kid.

Still I managed to drag poor Pete through a mind-boggling array of shops, focusing on books and interior design ( like brown paper packages, simply two of my favourite things ) that must have utterly bored the poor guy out of his skull. Our tastes in men differ greatly and there was a moment in front of Siam Paragon when I found myself literally transfixed by a clan of shirtless, break-dancing young Thai fellas ( some with enviable six-packs and thankfully quite eager to show them off ) while Pete was practically oblivious to their existence. Still, with his packed schedule, it was nice of him to take me around. :)

Evening took me to the seamier by night Silom district where I ogled the gyrating, half-naked boys - and also some of the sexier farangs watching them - while biting into some delicious pork cutlets that I purchased from a stall nearby. Frankly the meat in my mouth sometimes tasted better since I could imagine what the poor dancing boys were thinking of in their heads. Probably watching the drooling foreigners in derision while thinking of their next paycheck - or the fact that their pesky G-string is climbing up their pert arse.

It always surprises me when some guys read my blog and come to the horrifyingly erroneous conclusion that I'm inundated by lewd sexual propositions from husky, athletically built gods on a daily basis. Trust me, I haven't had any. If that were true, this blog would surely be far more interesting - and possibly filled with anatomically impossible back-breaking sexcapades - since let's face it, unless I'm committed to a relationship, I don't think I could say no to a Chris Evans lookalike. Unfortunately for me, handsome, intelligent guys ala Chris Evans only look as me as a witty mate with a shoulder to cry on - or even worse an invisible man.

So that's me, living in a life of quiet desperation. All of which inspires my next move actually. An article written in the Nation has prompted my next outing today which is to visit the Erawan Shrine. Imagine that, the gay columnist Nat makes a trip to the shrine to make an offering to the god and gets a heavenly boyfriend in return. Not bad for a day's trip, I say!

Little monk!
Is very good idea, sir!

By the by for those interested if you read the titles of my last few posts, you'd get the song titles from Gwen Stefani's debut album.

8 comments:

ash said...

omg omg... your posts really relive me of my Bangkok experience! Ishh.. jelesnye. I wanna go back to Bangkok!

ps. yep. those are my eyes. Sexy? Hardly! Just plain boring.

Anonymous said...

wah...you are still in Bangkok? When are you coming? or you decide that you not coming back at all :)

Legolas said...

Chris Evans... Hmm... ;-p

Petie said...

In my defense, I am not That bored... But rather quited drained from lack of sleep :P

To be honest I thought we would sit at some coffee shop first and talk a bit before heading out to shopping mall :P

But I understood that since you are on holiday you want to visit as much places as possible :P

Anonymous said...

so i can assume that u will be spending ur valentine in Thailand instead of in the arms of BBB?

savante said...

Isn't Bangkok incredible, Ash! Your eyes are great, trust me.

Wish I could stay here but I think I prefer to be back home :)

Yeah, Leggy. Chris Evans :P Don't be jealous, darlin.

Talk to me while I'm walkin, Pete!

Will be back soon enough, anon. Nah, not gonna spend my Valentine's in BBB's arms.

Paul

Joel said...

you were in the area that i call my home, i lived just 2 stops from siam paragon.

I miss Siam square area, and the starbucks boy, his name is Nong P, the most cutest starbucks boy in Thailand :-)..... the reason I drink coffee twice a day.

Just Me said...

Did you take that picture of the little boy? It is very good.

Sounds like you are having a good time. Enjoy yourself.