Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Danger Zone

We all know how much I hate coming back to work after a long break so I shan't reiterate. It's a drag and we all know it :)

The indescribable magic of Bangkok - and the effects of the really excellent full bodily massage I received - is slowly wearing away as I get down to the sad, harsh reality of work. Still I managed to lug back a ton of loot that will have the nice guys at VISA screaming with joy - since I obviously charged my card like an insane tai-tai on a post-divorce spree. And each time I open a tiny little present ( since I actually wrapped all my stuff ), I get back that little sprinkle of magic.

God, was that gay or what?

Asian hunk!
Damn, I should be finding my way to Malacca to be with my husband...

Which brings me to my next point - yes, I do have one! A certain sexy elf's courage in coming out to his brother made me wonder how much longer it would take before my parents said anything about my state of bachelorhood. Of late, my mother's sheer tenacity in getting me happily married off has become almost rabid and I'm just waiting for the day I find a mail-order Vietnamese bride knocking politely at my door with wedding certificate in hand. Would be a pity though if the bride wasn't tall, dark and hunky.

As I offloaded my stash of magazines, it amazed me that even my parents didn't say anything. I mean, come on. Details. Genre. Gay Times. Even.. whoops, the name card from a skanky bar in Silom with an obvious rainbow splashed across the front.

Come on, could I be anymore gay? As we all know, times are a-changing and perhaps my parents would understand - eventhough they would surely be disappointed since it's a hard, difficult path I have chosen for myself. I'm sure my mother would throw out a dozen humanist theories to counter anything I said - which explains the need to parade a red-blooded boyfriend in front of her. I know it shouldn't be anyone's business who I fuck ( except mine ) but there are times when I do wish I could be free enough to hold my man's hands in public, to peck him on the cheek as I say goodbye. And it would be nice to have my man sitting beside me at the dinner table.

But of course, first I'd have to get a real life boyfriend to prove the point!

The closest thing I had to a boyfriend of any sort, my wicked ISO, sent me a naughty sms and an online JPEG of a calla lily ( the flowers I want for my wedding! ) for Valentine. Bastard. I am so hitting him for an expensive dinner when he comes back.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parents are intelligent beings when come to sniffing their children's affairs, though they may not openly confront. They kinda have a rough idea of what their children are going through.

Oh well, I totally share your vision of a real life boyfriend. Wonder where I could find him.

kent

Squido said...

How nice if parents can accept their child for who they are. I wish my mom was more like understanding when i told her i hated parsely =(

Kinda wierd for something so serious eh?

Anonymous said...

add instinct to that stack :-)

Well, you know the feeling whether you might hurt your parents' feelings. but then, it gets worse when it's later. However, I strongly believe everybody has a unique way to approach to deal with stuff like that. so it's totally up to you?

and no, you can never be gayer than you already are. ;) It's a good thing, isn't it?

akihisa said...

I'm magaholic too. But, don't have the cash to afford those imported magazines. But, it is tempting to see Jake Gyllenhaal on the cover on GQ. I ALMOST buy it.

I think my parents are pretty clueless as I'm VERY MUCH a homey person. They like the fact that I don't get out much. Hehe !

When they mentioned to me about preparing myself for marriage, get a job, be financiallly secure and stuff like that, I 'll always told them, "Nah, I'm not gonna marry early. I wanna enjoy myself first, building the career I want and enjoying my hard-earned cash". They're appalled at first then they retorted, "Senanglah cakap sekarang, bile dah jatuh cinta, mulalah merayu kat kite nak kahwin ?!". Which means, it's easy to say that now, but when you found The One, you'll begging at us to get you married. LOL !!

savante said...

Thanks, Kent. We'll find our real life boyfriend somewhere.. we'll just have to look hard enough.

Inner mind, like everyone else in this day and age, I can't wait! That someone should come knocking on my door now!

You hate parsley, squido?

Whoops, I had instinct too and I forgot. Thanks, shigeki.

You can borrow my mags, ahmad. And btw, I'm already begging to be married.

Paul

Maximus Leo said...

Hahahaa finally back to reality eh! Welcome back to the real world again! :-)

I think the most important thing is to believe in yourself and to accept who you are - ie we need to respect ourselves first. We have to make these choices so that we can then move on...... No point staying in this neither nor here zone. After awhile, this will come to haunt you and it will hit you most when you least expected it.

Go back to Bangkok and pray hard for the best:-). By the way Bangkok is more tolerant of the gay lifestyle than in KL if you have not noticed it already...so another option for you! :-)

Cheers, Ian

hrugaar said...

Having your mother trying to pair you off with 'suitable' boyfriends could be even more annoying. :oD

Yeah, sting your ISO for a slap-up post-valentine dinner. Sweet of him to remember, though.

Jay said...

You had a magazine called 'Gay Times' and your parents still don't know you're a flamer?

Just what do they think it's about for Chrissake?

Legolas said...

You'll be fine. And I'm sure you'll be able to get the perfect boyfriend/husband for your mom. :-)

Anonymous said...

When you actually think that your parents have no knowledge that you are not gay, they actually do.

Its just sometimes parents adopt the Ignorance is Bliss situation and hopes against all hopes that you would turn straight, or the very least not create an embarrasment for the whole family by being extremely flamboyant :P

But I guess, when it comes down to "outing" yourself to them, it depends how close your relationship are with them......and do u have enough spare cash to move out of the house if they throw you out...(in case they are totally repulsive parents that has no sense of love for their offsprings)

ça va pas la tête said...

But paul, imagine this, on your straight wedding day, beside the pulpit, are a (few?) row of most flambouyant men (some cheering since they're getting rid of you, some crying since they cant get you).... that would be such a show right?

CTG said...

Hi Paul. My parents were surprisingly open when I told them last July. They reassured me that it was ok and that they will stick by me. I'm sure the perfect guy will come a knockin' pretty soon. Have a great day, CTG ;-)

Will said...

Welcome back to the Drudge honey!

You actually wrap your own stuff and open them yourself? I can't decide if that's anal or simply sad.

BTW I may still be dropping by over the weekend, Sunday most probably if at all. You better ready a trinket for me! Since it's so nicely wrapped and all...

ash said...

i hate to say it too, but welcome back. i'm sure the vacation got you much relaxation that you need to come back to work. hopefully you bought something for me. ^,^

hey! who's the guy in the picture. hawt! hmm..i doubt my parents know about my status, but my siblings are very well aware. omg, i need a thai massage myself.

Anonymous said...

can i come down to melaka n crash at your place...im so down n need to let my system work properly again..:(

savante said...

True, Ian, but I still prefer Malaysia unfortunately.

ru, it would be cool to have blind dates with hot guys. I certainly wouldn't mind that!

Sometimes, I wonder myself, Jay!

Well, I'm hoping, Leggy :)

qua vadis, I have a house of my own, darlin :) Nothing to throw me out of.

ca va, that would be like a movie :) And I wouldn't mind being the sexy groom waiting for my bride to arrive.

You're lucky, ctg!

Hey, the shop wrapped the stuff for me. And I love trinkets beautifully wrapped too.

ash, come over here and I'll give you a massage to the best of my ability.

Come on a weekday, pakcik... weekends, I'm usually besieged by family.

Paul