Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hollaback Guy

If yesterday was pure luxurious decadence with the odd bit of incest thrown in, today was pure sweat, heat and half-naked bodies all around.

Unfortunately - in spite of my wildest wet dreams, I didn't spend my day surrounded by a trio of half-naked, muscular go-go boys ( the Kayu Jatis? :) ) performing illegal sex acts in my marble bathtub. Still shopping comes a really close second behind sexy men in thongs - and I spent my morning slugging it out with other crazy tourists at the infamous shopping mecca / steaming hellhole called Chatuchak Weekend Market.

Shirtless!
Is it hot in here?

Despite the sweltering heat - surely enough to fry an egg on the tar - I edged my way through the bewildering maze of vendors and stalls hawking everything from domestic animals to wild undergarments. Armed with my Thai phrasebook, a crumpled map and a bag of delicious cream puffs to sustain me, I sweated, negotiated and bargained for a slew of items from a pair of really excellent Thai teak musicians to a pair of colourful retro underwear! Even managed to purchase the intricately carved wooden birdcage I've been having my eye on - that would actually look absolutely charming close to my bedroom window.

It wasn't all running about though. I did take a rest during the hectic shopping to slurp some iced water and feast my eyes on the handsome specimens all slick with sweat and testosterone.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not to go home till that marble bathtub of yours has seen some hot illegal action.

In fact, don't go home, COME TO PERTH!!

Anonymous said...

Chatuchak markets! I just love them....whenever I'm in Bangkok, I try to squeeze in sometime to loiter around the market. It's just crazy and control chaos! and you know that the stuff you get there is reasonably priced! Say good byes to the late night shopping in Pratpong and Nana.

To finish off your holidays in Bangkok, try the gay shows in Silom street! Apparently the shows are quite a novelty :-)

Have fun!

hrugaar said...

wild undergarments? Heheh, the images that conjures in my twisted little mind.

Surrounded by half-naked bodies and you buy ... a birdcage?

Anonymous said...

Damn, those go go boys. Their skin tones are always fantabulous. I want that instead of their meat. :)

I only know a few pharases to get by in Thai. I should bring that kind of Pharsebook next time I visit. :) I will keep that in my mind.

Anyway, don't get dehydrated too much from sweating. Have a fun weekend! Be safe in any way. (^_^)V

savante said...

Jamie, wish I could get some hot illegal action in the bathtub but I can't find any marine volunteers.

Isn't Bangkok great, Ian? And hey, didn't you say that you don't have any holidays?

Well, you know how much I love a bargain, ru! And the birdcage is for home decor.

shigeki, I have fabulous skin tone. My back and butt is blemish free. Can't say the same about my face though.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Cool. Now you have something you can keep erm... birds in.

Mr RM said...

Suan Jatujak..... the mecca of shopping in Southeast Asia! It has always been a must-visit for me everytime I am in Krungthep..

Hey, shopping at Jatujak is even better than oogling at the guys at Suriwongse.... hee hee

Legolas said...

Shopping... again. ;-p

Jay said...

OK, is that pic one of your usual gratuitous semi-nudes, or a bunch of pretty people that you really saw?

Because if it's the latter, then hot -dayum I've been going to the wrong place for my holidays all these years!

akihisa said...

It seemed I've missed lots of juicy details on the previous posts. Paul got some tongue lovin' from a cousin ?! Delightfully sinful !

Wouldn't it be nice if you could post pics of the hunky Thai men you saw ?!! ;-p

MrBunnyBan said...

I missed the cousin post too. You scored *again*? It's the charisma. :) Quick, use it on the sepak takraw boys below and bring em to your tub. :D

Maximus Leo said...

The last time I was in Bangkok it was in September last year and it was for work and I normally have my weekends there as well :-) Just as a side trip!

Anyway, I forgotten my manners and was wondering whether I can add your blog to my list of favourite blogs?

Ian

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I missed a lot! I kinda guessed you'd be going to Bangkok and boy I am jealous. I just want to keep coming back to Bangkok. Have you tried any of the go-go boy shows in Patpong? Have a safe (in all respects) trip, Paul!

savante said...

weeshiong, always wanted a place to display my ... birds.

You have given me another place to go. Suriwongse, you said?

Leggy, that's my hobby!

Jay, the guys here are hotter - and Thai!

Ahmad, it would be nice but I wouldn't know how to go about taking pictures of half naked male Thai boys.

What charisma, Daniel!

Ian, add me!

Well, you'll know the answer to your go-go question in my next post, Mark.

Well, a bunch of sweaty men in front of us would be better, Chas!

Paul