Thursday, February 23, 2006

A late bite

Finished real late after work today - ending with a brain-bender of a tutorial that left me exhausted, both mentally and physically. For a moment in the parking lot, I actually found myself disoriented not knowing where I'd parked my car. Felt totally dude, where's my car. It's actually hard to think of anything when your poor brain's been squashed and pressed through a grinder for relevant information - so it was with some relief that I got the message from Big Bicep Barry to join him for a bite. Otherwise I'd probably have gone home for some homecooked instant noodles.

Hot man eating
Mmm... yum.... pre-cooked processed food...

Like I said before, the man has been having work problems of his own which he explained fully as he worked his way through a bowl of Tom Yum noodles ( yes! No alfalfa roots for once! ). Yeah, no smirking - especially all you guys in the back! - but when I'm not being particularly flirtatious / flighty, I can actually be quite a sensible, level-headed guy. Makes me the perfect shoulder to cry on for a number of the females that I know, sobbing their poor little hearts out as bastards AKA men stomp all over them.

Sadly none of the males I know have availed themselves of the open invite as yet. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but eventhough Barry did seem a little teary over the Tom Yum, he didn't seem to be in a hurry to bawl on my shoulders either.

Even as the man's stuffing his face with prawns ( GASP! The calories! ) and noodles, he gets the stares. You're just not that easily dismissed when you have shoulders like his. Always makes me wonder what it's like to be ogled. Unfortunately since I'm not particularly gifted in the genetic stakes, I only get the disbelieving stares when I have a ginormous pimple on my forehead.

Barry : You're imagining things.
Paul : When you flexed your arm to get the chopstick, that girl almost walked into that pillar.
Barry : You think I'm that cute?
Paul : Angling for compliments, Mr Bicep?
Barry : Hey, I'll take all that I can get.
( A pause as he actually stuck his tongue out playfully. Too weird. ) Worked hard enough to get it.

For that, he got a fried wantan in his face. Still, the man certainly knew how to put a smile on my face. Sometime during dinner, he reached down to his bag and pulled out a beautifully wrapped gift with a large bow on top. As much as I like gifts, sudden surprises immediately puts cynical me on my guard.

Paul : It's not my birthday.
Barry : It's not a bomb. Take it.
Paul : What is it?
Barry : It's not from me. She's leaving for Taiwan next week. Wanted you to have this as a thank you.
Paul : Who?
Barry : Betty of course.
Paul : Bountiful Betty?
Barry
( looking appropriately puzzled ) : Bountiful Betty? Bountiful?
Paul : It's nothing. Just a cute pet name.

Hey, what didja expect? Well, of course he doesn't call her Bountiful Betty but I couldn't very well blab her real name everywhere after I've viciously maligned her silicone-pumped character, could I? Afterward, Barry watched me with some suspicion but decided to refrain from commenting since I had this huge mentally insane Joker smile on my face.

BTW Betty bought me a real nice CD. Real big ( bountiful? ) of her.

21 comments:

canardbidon said...

i wanna meet this Barry guy!!
actually... i wanna meet you too!!

Maximus Leo said...

Actually I want to meet the guy in the picture you posted today:-) Cute!!

Sounds like there is something brewing between you and BB.... time to make the move mate! Don;t let this slip by!

Ian

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul

Maybe your late bite with Mr Bicep should have occured at your place, where he can uninhibitly lean his head with teary eyes over your shoulder, while having his mouthful of homecooked instant noodles (tom yum flavour, of course). :-D

Cheers
kent

Anonymous said...

and did you slip any sleeping pills that you got from your work? It's a crime but you should have. You really really should have. :-) I would have.

Just Me said...

Hopefully dinner helped you feel better about your day.
One of these days I expect to read that you and BBB are living hapily ever after. I love his response "Its not a bomb". I had a good laugh.

Anonymous said...

dammit! I was hoping it was from Barry! You should have "played along" with him and when he asked if he was cute, said, "Hell yeah, I'd Do You!" Either he would blush with enthusiasm, or laugh it off as a "joke between friends" :)

savante said...

Hey, canard, you can meet me anytime. Just give me a ring. We are not running up a tower though, you know that, right!

Hey, Ian. Something brewing? nah, I'm keeping it bubbling as friends for now.

He'd be too busy spitting out my horrible cooking, Kent :) But the sleeping pills might have worked, shigeki!

cr, I lauged when he said it too. And he managed it with a straight face.

Damn, never thought of that, Brian!

Paul

savante said...

Oh yeah, the guy in the picture is Ale Marchi, if I recall.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Yeats ago, one early morning I parked my car on a different level of the parking garage than usual. When I came out at the end of the day, I went to the usual level and my car wasn't there. I was about to report it stolen when I finally remembered. Hate when that happens! :(

mARCus said...

What are ya waiting for? Go for it...he sounds delicious to me...

hrugaar said...

Maybe for once you should take a leaf out of Bridget Jones' diary and actually get BBB to come round your house and cook a meal with you. ;o)

NeiLDC said...

Nice story... who really this Barry Guy! hope ull featured me as well.
byebye
from spain!

Jay said...

I demand that you post a photo of BBB. Or at least, of his biceps.

Heh. I'm sure he would be so flattered if he knew there's a whole community of gay men on the internet who know - and want to know - so much about him.

Legolas said...

JJ is fantastic. And cute.

And BBB is funny. ;-p

Anonymous said...

Did you honestly called her as "BOUNTIFUL BETTY" in from of Barry. Jeez..u are mean.
Ha.ha..sometimes you do say the thing that you want to say at the moment you want to
say it. Great job.

Was rearranging my cd collection last nite n happen to stumble upon this song. U should
give to to Barry n tell him how u feel. Or just play this song when his around. Its call
"TELL HIM"

I'm scared
So afraid to show I care
Will he think me weak
If I tremble when I speak
Oooh - what if
There's another one he's thinking of
Maybe he's in love
I'd feel like a fool
Life can be so cruel
I don't know what to do

I've been there
With my heart out in my hand
But what you must understand
You can't let the chance
To love him pass you by

Should I

Tell him
Tell him that the sun and moon
Rise in his eyes
Reach out to him
And whisper
Tender words so soft and sweet
Hold him close to feel his heart beat
Love will be the gift you give yourself

Touch him
With the gentleness you feel inside
Your love can't be denied
The truth will set you free
You'll have what's mean to be
All in time you'll see

I love him
Of that much I can be sure
I don't think I could endure
If I let him walk away
When I have so much to say

I'll

Love is light that surely glows
In the hearts of those who know
It's a steady flame that grows
Feed the fire with all the passion you can show
Tonight love will assume its place
This memory time cannot erase
Blind faith will lead love where it has to go

Never let him go

ps: dont be like me...;)

CTG said...

Enjoy the CD, Paul. Thanks for this eye candy guy too - I wouldn't mind seeing him in my kitchen. Have a great weekend. CTG :-)

Anonymous said...

hehehe.. dont u just hate cute straight men who flirt with u?!
... the noodles sound yummy. and yes, i love prawns.

Anonymous said...

For a second there I thought you've become boyfriends already! Jay's right, you should post at least a picture of his drool-inducing biceps, if not a picture of him. Your repartee with BBB is so cute that I can't help imagine you two doing the footsie under that restaurant table. ^_^

Legolas said...

Love that song, pakcik! Celine Dion and Barbra Streisand. Celine Dion is my favourite! :-)

savante said...

Omigod, sue, that garage thing happens to me every once in a while too :)

Marcus, he does sound delicious, doesn't he?

ru, I doubt he even knows how to cook rice!

Neil, thanks for coming by!

Take a photo of his arms, Jay? Will do so when I see him next then. Wonder what he's gonna say about that.

Leggy darlin, he is a funny guy and you should meet him.

Pakcik, sing that song? He already knows it. It came on the radio and he could practically sing the whole damned thing.

ctg, think most of us wouldn't mind that kind of kitchen help :)

I know, closetalk, I hate it too... but hey, he pays for some of the meals :)

I think if I did the footsie with him under the table, he'd choke on the prawn, mark!

Paul

ash said...

ditto with canard. ditto with Jay. ditto with Mark.

i had lots of those 'dude, where's my car' experiences. i think i posted one about my midvalley mishap. but anyway, BBB and u are playing a way out of schedule flirting and hard to get game leh. it's time for some action! akshyen!!!!