Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Maid in Malacca II

It's a public holiday tomorrow but surely not everyone's out there shaking their fine booty at the nearest gay bar with the thumpa thumpa music humping in the background? It always makes me wonder what other gay men do at home in the late evenings. Every once in a while, I get people onlne wondering why I'm always multitasking even while I'm sending messages through the net.

Simple enough to explain actually. In spite of what a significant minority of readers have inferred from my blog, I don't actually have a thousand men banging at my door wailing my name and asking for my hand in marriage. If that were true, there would be a tasteful gold band on my finger, there would be a sleek BMW ( hey, it's a fantasy! ) parked in my driveway and lovely gilt-edged, cream-coloured invitations would have been sent around to my friends and family for the June commitment ceremony.

Sigh.

More often than not, I find myself utterly bored crazy after work without any sort of social agenda in the offing which leaves me wandering the streets for a while before making my way home. Once I get back home from work, I'm usually swamped with a thousand little chores - literally sometimes! - to cover all by myself. Not only do I have to some light housework - perhaps even cook up a small snack for myself ( though my cooking skills still needs some polishing before I achieve cooking diva status ), I also take some time to go through some of the bills I receive and schedule some time for payment. Certainly part and parcel of becoming an adult! Then there's time for some light reading, perhaps a glance through the daily paper and then a quick runthrough of my medical textbooks.

After the boring, mundane tasks of everyday life, it's time to settle down for some of my more pleasurable tasks. Unfortunately none of the tasks involve hot, sizzling men with the bodies of Olympic athletes, the flexible spines of an eel and the morals of an alleycat rolling about on my Turkish rugs blissfully naked. It's usually either music, television or the internet - and frequently all three since I tend to only have an hour or two left on my hectic schedule for such sinful pleasures. Hard enough to concentrate on only one since I'm one of those guys who never seem to have enough hours in a day!

Jack ShepardYeah, I freely admit I've been a tv freak since I was a child and I usually follow a couple of television series almost religiously. Right now... it's LOST, 4400, Desperate Housewives, Supernatural, Charmed and then the occasional OC and One Tree Hill. That doesn't even count the comedies and the reality programmes yet. Yet I find myself irresistibly drawn to the lewd lures of the internet which is how I end up multitasking. Kinda the way I was watching LOST earlier, sipping hot chocolate, updating my blog and sending replies by email at the same time. That didn't even count the quick call I made to my mom on the cellphone while simultaneously typing with the other hand.

You might be wondering about my tv obsession but come on. Have you seen the all but irresistible Dr Jack Shepard lately? How could anyone not want a personal physical examination from that man? Now, that piece of hot manmeat is something I want knocking on my door :)

9 comments:

Jay said...

I lurve your new avatar! A bit misleading, of course - every time I see it my heart skips a beat, then I realise that it's NOT Dr. Jack's blog I'm reading, not that you're not equally dishy I'm sure - but still, very yummy.

Your routine sounds no less boring than mine. I think it's time to face facts - our days of clubbing 24/7 are overrrrr.

Anonymous said...

ohhh to be on a desert island with dr jack!!!!ummmmm...i wouldnt mind rubbing suntan lotion all over his back and other places too if you get what i mean?!!!lol

Anonymous said...

I am addicted to Amazing Race, American Idol, Project Runway, Ab Fab, Six Feet Under, One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls, Sex and the City re-runs and the Food TV network.

I grew-up with TV as my surrogate family. It was my home life staple. My security blanket. Sad, but true.

I don't multi-task as well as you, though :)

Cooper


Cooper

savante said...

Good idea. Could you get a billboard up in West Hollywood, Jamie :)

I lurve the new avatar too! Jack Shepard. Sigh. Like g_c says, I could spend days licking that man from head to toe.

Chas, Sawyer is hot but I always find Jack so much hotter for some reason.

Cooper, I watch all those shows you mentioned too :) Hence comedies and reality shows.

Paul

Anonymous said...

to tell de truth, i'm HORRID at multitasking, though my flatmate is an expert at it!

the closest i get to it is listening to music while blogging/reading, but then dats chicken feed, na?

NeiLDC said...

Well havent you heard the Tv series, Dawsons creek, party of five, melrose place, Wasteland, Palmetto point, Young americans, and of course DANTES PEAK!

The final was hottie!lol =)

savante said...

That's all, closetalk? I do tons of stuff :)

Neil, didja mean Dante's Cove?

Paul

hrugaar said...

Chase those athletes off the Turkish rugs, Paul1 Geez, don't they know how difficult it is to get the oil stains out? ;oP

savante said...

Warned them but they don't listen!

paul