Saturday, April 29, 2006

May Day Sales

With my odd, uncharacteristic penchant for shopping, it would surprise you all to know that I actually eschew any and all sales. Or at least the first day of the sale. Somehow or rather, fending off a dozen or so screaming frenzied lady shoppers / datins / tai tais, shoving aside their respective bodyguards and slapping their hands away from the valuable merchandise just doesn't seem as fun - especially when it's followed by literal trail of shopaholics waiting to pay at the counter.

Not my idea of fun which is why it was certainly not my plan to hit the May Day Sales. Since Big Bicep Barry happened to be in town on that day - and didn't show any abhorrence to tangling with the crazed fashionistas, we went to the sale. As you might have guessed, I carry the member card of almost every chain department store ( and several chain stores too ) in the country - except for Kamdar and I'm not sure why exactly I never got around to it! - so I regularly receive brochures and newsletters on the latest sales which leaves me drooling in envy especially when I'm literally miles away.

Including the pre-sale held in Isetan last night. As you all know, pre-sales are held to be THE sale to go to - where prices are liberally slashed like Freddy Krueger's out on a gruesome killing spree at a sorority of giggles. Wannabe KL fashionistas literally raid the store leaving counters like MNG looking like a war-torn zone in Iraq - and the salesgirls left resembling confused, bewildered orphans wandering the empty shelves with their mouths agape. Certainly a sight to savour, I'm sure.

A sixpack to drool for...
What should have been on sale instead!

Still yesterday was another milestone in my road to full adulthood. Whereas before I'd be getting my fill of tight jeans along with the one-size-too-small baby tees that gay men favour, this time I took my time going through the rows of business shirts, khakis and cufflinks with the rest of the workaholic salarymen. Raoul was having a sale after all. God, I am getting old! Got a couple of button-down shirts but six-packs like the ones above weren't for sale.

Oh yeah, about my non-skanky resolve the day before? Was good while it was lasted but it got boring fast. Just for fun, I pinched Barry's nipple as we waited at the counter. Nothing sexual. Just to freak him out. The nipple happened to be there calling me but I innocently claimed I was reaching for the parking ticket in his pocket. Not sure if he believed me though.

What can I say? I get my jollies from freaking people out.

20 comments:

MrBunnyBan said...

Tight jeans and baby tees? Oh. My. God.

ash said...

sale!!! dammit. i forgot. oh well.
nipple pinching isn't freaky. straight boys do it. straight girls do it. it's not freaky. it's just absolutely inappropriate in public. well at least i think that way.

Stinging Rabbit said...

All I can say about the clothing choice is that guys look good in suits & button-down shirts (I'm in uni but I like guys who wear them. *heart beats faster*) and about the tight jeans, *faints of overheating*. Baby tees that are one-size-too-small... not that good a choice (in my opinion anyways. :p).

confusticated said...

i LOVE sales! just an excuse to buy more. i had an aunt who was a buyer for metrojaya, so we got into all the staff only sales, where it's a ridiculous additional 20% off the already 70% off items. bwaaha!

Dave said...

nipple pinching while queueing at the cashier? wah.

Loved the sales in M'sia, compared to S'pore. The so called great sale is nothing but clearing clothings that was in vogue several seasons ago. Hard for me to buy my favourite Converse sneakers at a really low price.

But it was the home video sales that makes me go mad over it.

savante said...

Didn't say I wear it now, Daniel!

Not freaky. I totally agree, ash. Oh you meant not in public.

silentside, you're onto one of my own fetishes. men in suits! YUMMY.

Damn, I wanna be a metrojaya buyer!!

I am an odd person, dave.

Paul

Sue said...

I knew the repentance wouldn't last. Back to our wicked Paul's ways! We love our wicked Paul best.

Stinging Rabbit said...

If liking guys in suits is a fetish... I can imagine a lot of things now. *Stares of into space with a grin*

Xavier said...

hmmmm.... so u REALLY like to pinch nipples.... COOL!

cliffdweller said...

heheh...i do the same thing to my friends
their so easily startled...bwahahahah...invasion of private areas

Matt. K. said...

I love sales!! Sales! Sales! Sales! I jutst got back from today's one day sale at the nearby shopping mall! Things were so freaking cheap!! Like you said, alot of frenzied lady shoppers / datins / tai tais. With the queue as long as the Great Wall of China at the counter. Sales makes me get into the mood for shopping also.

"fashionistas literally raid the store leaving counters like MNG looking like a war-torn zone in Iraq - and the salesgirls left resembling confused, bewildered orphans wandering the empty shelves with their mouths agape"

Do you mean the MNG at Midvalley Megamall? Cause that was how it looked like to me when I was there.

Anywya, I bet you look great in those button-dwon shirts and khakis! And you pinched BBB's nipples again! Naughty you. ;-)

Ryan said...

guys in suits very hot!

aiskrem_potong said...

naughty. naughty doctor paul! (shaking head in disapproval). oh wait - naughty, naughty tight-shirt-wearing doctor paul! heheh...

That Girl said...

actually suits and work clothes are HOT too!! i LOVE it when my man wears long sleeved shirts and a tie and whatnot.. its HOT!! so yeah!! a BIG thumbs up to ya!

Musang said...

you pinch nipple in public now?!

*gasps*

you are sooo kena saman for PDA nanti. errr... nipple pinching is not PDA is it?

happy pinching then darlin'... LOL.

Rick Bettencourt said...

Pinching nipples always make sales a bit more manageable. Good post!

Rick

Anonymous said...

wow, I should ask you to go shopping with me.just don't pinch my nipples XD

Anonymous said...

How forward of you. :-) What's next on BBB's bod? Maybe, you might wanna find something in his jeans pocket. :-)

Anonymous said...

I went crazy when Zara had a sale when I was in KL last year, that was when there was still no Zara in Manila. Those red-four-letter signages are like magnets attracting my malleable shopping-self! Love sale events!

That's a good move by the way, Paul! So does he have any piercings on? Hehehe.

savante said...

I get more wicked as the weekend goes by, sue :P

silentside, it is a fetish! And Ryan would agree!

You offering yourself, xavier?

Looked plain and boring in my khakis, matt :) Kinda like a doctor.

Hey, aiskrem, I don't wear tight tees anymore!

Thanks, grafxgurl.

Made it look like I'm reaching for something in his pocket so it isn't exactly in public, musang.

True, it does help to make the crazy sales a little better, rick!

Promise I won't the, adam :)

shigeki, reaching for lower than his nipples would not only have him screaming, it'd probably have the guards jumping on me.

No piercings, mark. Just a nipple.

Sales in UK. You are making me drool!

Paul