Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Bad Boy Barry

Everyone has a touch of the eccentric - more so when it comes to people who work in my line. Even I have my occasional psychotic breaks that resurfaces every once in a blue moon. Seriously I don't know where my uncharacteristic streaks of insanity comes from but it pops out every once in a while, making me do something totally unthinkable that freaks everyone I know. Even poor Big Bicep Barry turns out to be not immune to my odd proclivities as he got a taste of that just a day back when he gave me a call.

Barry : What's all this? You're moving? When were you going to tell me?
Paul : Just told you, didn't I?
Barry : Oh.
Paul : You know. Can't talk to you right now, my heart is too broken to continue.
Barry : What! What did you -

Non-plussed by my sudden melodramatic pause, the man scrambled for something to say, rambling on in stuttering mumbles for a few seconds before I stopped him.

Paul : Seriously I was kidding.
Barry : What?!
Paul : Don't know what made me do it.
Barry : Gggrrr...

AStonished
WTF...

What made me suddenly blurt that out? I really wouldn't know since it's possibly something utterly Freudian. Or else just an insane moon phase I'm going through - especially since I wickedly recalled the astonished look on his face as I asked for the bill in the middle of his earnest pronouncement. Since he clearly expected a far more dramatic exit rather than a cool bill transaction with the waiter, I decided to grant him that pleasure. Poor guy never saw it coming. Seriously though, I think if Barry was the kinda man who swore bloody murder, a string of perfectly nasty expletives would have come streaming out, enough to make a sailor blush. Or possibly he was wishing that I was close enough to be throttled. :)

I apologized thoroughly for giving him that minor heart attack though, even offered to send him money for lunch ( or else to help him recoup the 200k shortfall in his half yearly sales estimates ). So don't hate the poor guy. Certainly blameless since it wasn't his fault that things didn't turn out all rosy the way I wanted. Despite the all-too-apparent rejection, he's still one of the nicest guys I know :)

22 comments:

Alex said...

Awww... man, we know what you're going through... it's ok, blame it on the moon!
Despite all that happened, well, at least you guys are still friends right?

Francis Ford Faggola said...

Paul, u r a nice guy also. Just a touch of naughtiness there, heheheh.

Good to see that you guys are still friends

confusticated said...

i'm partial to a random freudian episode myself. half the time i find myself doing something utterly random, then manage to laugh it off.

it IS hard to stay friends after such pronouncements. must say i'm quite envious of your situation.

Sue said...

Your heart betrays you. But, Barry will still be your pal. He sounds like a really good guy.

MrBunnyBan said...

Hey, you can never have too many friends. :) Good show, doc.

Annie said...

Awe, men.. MEN..MEN.. MEN.. You're all a bunch of ninnies! LOL!

Bad Boy Barry still could use a lobotomy or at least that brain biopsy ... you know... just to be sure *evil smile*

Anonymous said...

Barry seems very mature and he knows what he wants. No worries, many people likes you.

Prash said...

Hiya...

I was just blog-hopping. And fell into your blog...and the one-look, i liked your blog. I shall take time to read your blog. Wouldn't miss to tell you what i think about what you have written.

Cheers,
Prash

Anonymous said...

men...so adorable...so clueless.

Annie said...

Friends.. My definition of friends... A dime a dozen? It's like shopping for milk. You can find it at any grocery store, all grades and can be bought depending on how much you want to pay. So yeah, anybody can collect friends, but to have one passionate lover in your life? Priceless. Barry doesn't cut it, too bad so sad.. LOL!

I'm only kidding Paul.. I'm just trying to make you laugh. Now me? I don't buy the milk at any grocery store. I hunt and research and look for the organic stores and find the most pure and most organic milk in the aisle... You can't put a price tag on good friends; but you *do* have to be a little selective.

We get what we settle for.

Xavier said...

haha, dr dr, i liked wat u did to barry, haha make him see stars in the sky... haha

but i think he cares for u also la... :)

that's warm to know aint it

Anonymous said...

Aww... you were totally entitled to say that la. After all, what did he expect after telling you what he did? He's fortunate that you didn't turn on him, you know, in a hell-hath-no-fury kinda way.

Keep your chin up. You're gonna be ok :)

Maximus Leo said...

You're too nice! You need to show more fangs and let him know how your feel ...TRULLY!!

Dave said...

when a doctor is going through a mensuration period, the poor salesman suffers.

cliffdweller said...

okay...totally confuzzled as to who Barry is and your relationship with him......but still your entries are fun to read

Michael said...

No advice solicited, none required, but PERFECT! Torture him, then reel him back in. Repeat. ::starts slow clap the leads to rousing applause::

ça va pas la tête said...

hahah paul.. OMG

savante said...

Certainly not blaming it on the moon, alex :) And we're still friends. You think I quarrel bitterly with all my friends? Scorpios are known for their obsessive loyalty.

He is certainly a good guy, holden. Wouldn't have liked him otherwise.

Glad I'm not the only one prone to episodes, idiot :)

He is, sue! No doubts about that.

True enough, daniel.

Will call if I ever find that urge to do that lobotomy you mentioned, Anniieeee :) You can assist.

Anon, who likes me?! :P

Thanks for coming by, prash. Glad you liked my blog.

Don't get him wrong. He does care for me, he's just not into a relationship, scott.

ws, turn on him in a hell-hath-no-fury? Nah, I don't do that. Unfortunately I'm too irritatingly mature for that though sometimes I wish i could toss wine glasses in their faces.

See above, Ian :) Wish I wasn't as nice but once you have my friendship, I don't think I can be all that mean.

True enough. PMS, dave!

No worries, clive, sometimes I'm confuzzled myself. Nice word btw.

Not gonna think of that, michael :)

Hi, cava!

Paul

Mark said...

Despite the all-too-apparent rejection, he's still one of the nicest guys I know :)

That often makes it all the more difficult.

More hugs! xoxox

Anonymous said...

Aww that was kinda mean of you.. especially with someone that you seem to admire :)

savante said...

You certainly got htat right, Darien. :)

I know, hbjock. Which is why I apoogized. Felt like a heel for blurting that out.

Paul

Anonymous said...

you write beautifully. i'm a new reader and i spent the last couple of hours reading... all the way back to august of last year when barry entered the picture.

heartbreaking development. he might eventually come around. but how long can one wait with an open sore in the heart?

meanwhile, may your nights be filled with chris evans dreams.