Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Good ol Boys

Although I already have tickets to the X-Men The Last Stand for tomorrow night ( after bugging the poor gals at the box office for days threatening them with leery stares ), I have this irrational urge to rush over for the midnight screening tonight despite the fact that it might be detrimental to my work the next morning. After all it's hard to resist the tempting lures of the audacious X-Hunks.

From the skanky way I write, you'll be forgiven for thinking that I actually drool all over the big bad boys like the irresistible Hugh Jackman baring his excellent biceps as the rambunctious Wolverine but the truth is, like the long lamented Jean Grey, I usually go crazy for the good ol' boys like Scott Summers. Surely the original goody-two-shoes of the mutants - of course that was way before the Powers That Be at Marvel Comics decided to morph him into an unfaithful, indecisive bastard who sleeps around.

But that's a personal gripe.

Suspicion
What do ya mean, you don't like me? Is it my hair?

Perhaps it's Mother Nature's way of striking a delicate balance, a symbolical yin-yang of sorts since with my wicked streak of evil, it would be horrifying to meet a romantic match in someone equally malevolent. That would be like Maleficent doing the dirty horizontal tango with Dr Evil - and we all know nothing good would come of it.

Don't get me wrong. No one knows better than I the delicious charm of a smirking, leather-jacketed bad boy astride his battered motorcycle but that's just not what I'm aiming for in the long run. Believe me, those bad boys tend to sneak out in the wee hours of the morning, leaving everyone else biting their dust as they move on to their next conquest. No way are they hanging around to help with the cleaning up and the morning pancakes when they could be out there spreading hell, heartbreak and mayhem.

Clark KentSo the big bad boys can cast their siren lures with their heavy-hooded dark eyes promising wicked delights to no avail. I'm the kinda guy who gets all revved up over the good ol' boys - the sweet mama boys, the upright, responsible goody-two-shoe guys who work hard the required 9 to 5 to bring home the butter and the bacon. The guys who say please and thank you, the guys who step aside for the ladies and give up their seats for the octogenarian tottering by. The guys who'd do their own ironing without asking, who'd wash the dishes after dinner before being told. The guys who step up to the plate quietly without making a fuss to defend all that's good.

Of course, being good certainly doesn't mean being whining, overly sensitive-James-Blunt-wimpy. Been told recently by well-meaning friends that I actually go for the square-jawed, macho, silently stolid hunks and I guess it could be true. Just gimme an earnest working salaryman in a suit - and I'd be all over him in seconds. Add a tie and some thick glasses hiding his superman blues and I'd drag him down under his workdesk for some sweet lovin.

Well, I never said I wanted to be a freaking saint :)

***


In other news, Big Bicep Barry has finally purchased a spanking new cellphone ( one that is way more impressive than my dinky phone, dammit! ) which signals his imminent return to the digitally connected world. Well-meaning advice to baptize the newborn cell with holy water was received with shocked silence from him.

19 comments:

quicksilverlining said...

oh my. your description for a mama's boy fits me almost to a T. that is pretty troubling. hmm. i should get a few random piercings, tattooing my butt and swearing twice every sentence.

Wild Reeds said...

...@delicious charm of a smirking, leather-jacketed bad boy astride his battered motorcycle@...

* f a i n t s *...

Squido said...

Everyone seeks a bad boy now and then but we all know we want a good ol' faithful guy that comes homes every day with money.

But for now, i'd take bad boy in leather jacket. Beside, that's what Jean/Pheonix chose ;)

Dave said...

X-men has never ever made it to the list of movies i want to watch, even though we had that hunky looking Hugh Jackman, Oscar winner Halle Berry and Rebecca Romijin Stamos, who made such a wonderful performance as a bisexual thief in Brian De Palma's Femme Fatale.

Would rather see Berry acting in more A-Listed fares, just like what she did in Monster's Ball. And see Stamos bare boobs in more steamy erotic thriller.

Sigh...no good movies to watch in KL this week.

Stinging Rabbit said...

Haven't commented in a while. Hehe. A good boy is not my kinda of guy, though I will take the guy in suit anyday! Bad boys just break hearts don't cha think? :P Just one femme gay's point of view.

Anonymous said...

Somehow it's more interesting (and salivating) for a man-in-a-suit to loosen his tie, unbutton his crisp shirt, and lay down his specs for some lovin' lovin'. It's so Men At Play (the website). :-)

Maximus Leo said...

Men in suit and tie- ME! No tick glasses though - what about contact lens? :-) Good mannered person as well and definitely a salary man...tyring to make it big in Tokyo though.... Now, would this suit you :-)

Sue said...

So who is going with you to see X Men?

famezgay said...

I definitely want a mama's boy.. Uhmnnn though bad guys are attractive but doesn't feel safe with them ahahah.. So i guess a good boy might be safe but somehow ahah they say never judge a book by its cover ahaha..!

savante said...

quicksilver... piercings and tattoos are painful and quite permanent. Think you should just stick to a damn and a fuck every once in a while :)

wildreeds, you wild man :)

When did Jean choose that? She's always gone for Scott - unless she's gone crazy in the movies, squido.

Monster's Ball and Femme Fatale good movies? You're definitely straight, dave :)

I know.. bad boys are heartbreakers, silentside.

Mark, I love that site :P

Sounds sexy. Always toldja to come down here, didn't I, Ian?

Who do ya think, sue? Your guess is correct btw. :)

Still waters run deep, ceusm.

Paul

Petie said...

This would be a Must movie that I will definately go to see in Theater. Though which one still remain to be seen. My sibilings are surely want to see it.

Regarding Men At Play, contact me if you wants to be hook up with a bit of how to and the *presentation* from the site ;)

confusticated said...

i suppose the greatest perversions come from the most innocent of minds after all.

Jay said...

I'm definitely dating a good boy - but once in a while (like, every five seconds, right?) I think about having a bad boy throw me around and do ridiculously wicked things to me.

I think even NM has accepted that I'd drop him in a heartbeat if Hugh Jackman ever so much as winked at me.

NeiLDC said...

badboys are not always a bad boy, there were still the sweetest side of them... Probably if you look too long to Wolverine H.Jackman.. youll be get hipnotised.. lol =)

Just Me said...

I will take the bad boys, you take the good ones :) There is just something about bad boys that drives me crazy.

Anyway, I can't wait to go see the movie. It should be exciting

Annie said...

HEY! I happened to like James Blunt. What's wrong with James Blunt?.. oh..oops.. sorry. I was just lurking..Hi Paul. Bye Paul. *running now*

Anonymous said...

Don't stereotype bad boys as 'bad boys'. My personal experience tells me that bad boys are actually very delicate and soft when it comes to matters of the heart.

savante said...

Go check it out when it opens, pete!

Whoa, what did you mean by that, idiot?

Same for me, jay. Hugh Jackman had me at hello. So you can see our fascination too, neil.

Should be fabulos, cr. Just wondering how they're gonna end it.

Thanks for coming by, Anniiee..

Soft hearted? Hmm... imphaldiary.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Watch X-men this morning. Rather dissapointed with the movie. It's just a lame ending.