Saturday, May 13, 2006

Witless

This evening I'll be having visitors - which unfortunately might preclude my precious blogging time - though I shall still try to sneak off for a line or two. Marcus, possibly the sole blogger on that lonesome rock in the sea called Jersey, has made plans to come by my place this evening. Ordinarily, this wouldn't come as a surprise since I do like meeting new people and its always interesting to talk to someone you've actually written letters too. Certainly would be interesting to see the man I've called my Father Confessor. Very Daddy Long Legs actually.

But when he told me that he was bringing an accompanying entourage of gay men, I was stunned. In my fantasy life, a posse of virile ( possibly morally loose ) gay men flocking to my home sounds like a wet dream come true but it's far from being ideal in reality.

In between disguisesSkanky reputation notwithstanding, I am actually a terribly shy, modest creature who gets hopelessly tongue-tied in real life. There's a serious secret identity issue here - the brash, confident blogger you see online on one side and the mild-mannered, bashful Clark Kent physician in real life on the other. I hear you guys laughing out there - so stop it :) It's true actually. Meeting a large group of possibly hostile total strangers makes my knees waver, my heart quail in fear and my usually flexible tongue getting all tangled up in unintelligible knots.

My first approach would be to babble witlessly, more so if the stranger closely resembles the heartbreakingly sexy Chris Evans. Trying to fill the oddly painful silences, I'll be busy mumbling nonsensical blather about the weather, the road signs, the cars, the people who pass by, the varying political system in Iraq etc. Chattering mindlessly in breakneck speed without stopping for breath like a cow auctioneer - so sadly no one else manages to get a word in edge-wise. Unless the guy in question reaches out to spank me - or to kiss me. Both methods work by the way.

Since it occurs to me being silent might be preferable to appearing the blathering fool, my second approach is to remain chillingly aloof - terribly snootily so, I'm afraid. Like an arrogant aristocratic bastard who refuses to mix with the tawdry hoi polloi, nose up in the air and stiff upper lip which as you might be able to guess obviously doesn't go down that well as first impressions go.

20 comments:

confusticated said...

i'm usually quite silent until people bring up topics. then they'll wish i'd just shut up.

try, sitting back with a friendly smirk and a glass in hand. that way, if someone asks an awkward question, you can pretend to be sipping away at some random pee coloured drink.

Anonymous said...

what's next? COCKLESS???!!!

rgds
shine

savante said...

Will certainly sit there and smirk. And why pee coloured drink :)

Cockless? You have given me an idea, shine :P

Paul

confusticated said...

i dunno, i assumed that most party drinks are pee coloured anyway. like, beer, champagne, MOST cocktails. you know.

and smirking works very well with me.

pakcik said...

you will be fine. you will be just fine. dont worry to much about it dude ;)

Ganymede said...

Oooo. An entourage of gay men...

*droooool. :P

Sue said...

Maybe you will meet somebody? It could happen you know. If you let it. So ou will be hosting this fete? What are the host's duties? Are they not to make sure everyone is having a good time?

Petie said...

So how was the party?

Maximus Leo said...

Sounds like an orgy happening at your place! make sure that the neighbours are not in town dude and stop being so aloof. Chill out a little and who knows there would be a potential partner in the crowd! A good red wine will break down the conversation barrier....

canardbidon said...

i'm praying that everyone was tongue-tied, and the evening degenerated into a mindblowing orgy of grunts and moans!

Jushie said...

The bad thing about gay parties/gatherings is that you never know who has slept with who and who.

Went to this party last night. Thankfully, I have to admit, I have never slept with any of them (read: I'm actually quite virginal and innocent as a lamb)! My friend on the other hand has had the following: slept with 1, had a handjob from another. And those are just the ones I know about!

Dave said...

A group of possibly morally loose gay me? Woo hoo.

Dr Paul can have a chance of savour the delicacy he is dying for. :D

Mr RM said...

these are some of the nicest guys lar... u have nothing much to be afraid of.... hee hee

so how was it? met anyone who is remotedly cute....

That Girl said...

SOOOO!?!?!!? and theeeeen????

Alex said...

Great meeting you St Paul.... Aiyah... if we've read this post earlier, we'd behave like "virile morally loose" men... hahahahaha....
Well, all being said, we still have chance to visit you in future.... beware!
:P

Squido said...

Uh-uh, i ain't touching those dirty little pillow after the party.

-laughs insanely at the tounge-tied doctor-

Xavier said...

Paul's such a nice person!

and he behaves well too, didnt event pinch our nipples! (sigh...)

there's always NEXT visit... hehe and our morals could be less tight if required :p

executorlouis said...

Ooh, entertaining guests can be so fun! Esp when they are a bunch of (morally loose) gay men!

Oh, wait, you're not too experienced in playing host? Down a few drinks and you'll loosen up just fine. ;)

joshua said...

I can only imagine the fun you had. I so need something like that to spend my weekend.

And no nipple-pinching? Aww

savante said...

Pee drinks.. YUCK!

Thanks, pakcik, you always know how to console me :)

That was what I was thinking too, defiant. Bwahahaha :)

You are so right, sue. Think positive.

So much fun, pete!

Will break out the Mongolian vodka soon, ian.

No loud moans as you'll see in my next post, canard.

Ours was a pure meeting of minds, jushie. Nothing carnal unfortunately. :P

What delicacy, Dave?! :O

All okay lah, searcher :)

Will write at the end of their trip, grafxgurl!

Great meeting you and xavier too, alex! The nipple pinching would have to wait till then :)

Little pillow? How didja know squido :) Have you been here before?

Should have gotten your opinion, louis. Didn't think of the damned alcohol!

Was fun, joshua :)

Paul