Friday, June 23, 2006

Chill Pill

Distraught over the idea that I might be morphing into some melodramatic diva termagant - judging by my mild display yesterday ( well, for mild-mannered me, it's a display! ), I knew that I'd have to find solace in something other than a chill pill. Already dangerous enough to be in my situation practically surrounded by bags of chill pills waiting, I knew there had to be a better solution.

ChillinWho else but the guy I've known almost half my life. It was hard enough to get through to him today and he finally replied to my messages pretty late in the evening when I was already hiking halfway to dreamland ( since it's been a literal hard day's work for the whole damned week ). Then again, I should have known better than to expect my ISO to offer soothing panacea. Usually the bugger prefers the guerilla tactics of a quick splash of freezing ice cold water to knock me out of my complaisance.

Paul : I was damned pissed off yesterday.
My ISO : Man, when are you ever not?
Paul : What?!
My ISO : Forget I said anything.
Paul : I'm shy, timid and gentle, dammit.
My ISO : *snort* Don't try to pull that on me, you dominatrix!
Paul : What?

Dominatrix? Seriously, where does the man get his expressions? :O Of course then he came out with some tangled explanation of how we were both intense, partly psychotic type A personalities and described some Jung-Myers-Briggs thing ( possibly some extracurricular rubbish he picked up in university ) saying that we should take it easy sometimes. Took me a while to absorb his certifiably insane yammerings since I was too shellshocked by the earlier dominatrix comment - and wondering suspiciously whether I should take umbrage.

Still, he made me curious enough to google it! :)

You Have A Type A+ Personality

You're driven to succeed every single second of the day
And you don't let up on your goals, no matter how tired you are
You've already achieved a lot in your life... but it's not enough for you
Always on the go, you tend to get things done quickly and effectively
You have the personality to be a successful enterpreneur
Just remember to play a little too, even if play is the most difficult thing for you!


What fucking entrepreneur?! Good God. Don't they know about my ambitions to be the perfect Stepford Househusband?

14 comments:

famezgay said...

hhaha I think tat personality type test is soo suit u gua..

No time to play? uhmnn just tat U not in the play mood gua.. If u feel wanna play sure will make time for it.. time to relax paul..

Anonymous said...

Have been checking out your blog for a bit and I do think it matches your personality.

Oh and it has been a pleasure reading your blog thus far. Love it.

Ian

Annie said...

I'm..I'm.. speechless! *giggle* Actually, I'm never speechless. If you're Type A, then it's a good thing you're a doctor Paul, Dr.Paul. I mean if you chose being a hitman as your profession, you'd be pretty efficient at that, never let up on the 'goals' and succeed at every second of the day. That's a bit scary. Thank God you chose to carry a stethoscope instead of a 9mm. Hey, since you're so efficient, would you mind putting a couple entries into my Blog too? I'm getting a bit lazy. You, Dominatrix? well..well..well.. mmm.. must be a full moon - the real you is showing. On the serious side, I find it nice that you can call your ISO even if he wasn't much help.

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jay said...

To be a proper dominatrix I think you need to wear the right outfits. Have you got the latex catsuit with the cutout crotch?

Stinging Rabbit said...

Oh my... Dr. Paul, the dominatrix? That would be an interesting idea. Plus if you are driven person and go for your goals, the plot thickens.

Prince of Darkness said...

Gosh I've got B+, well, kinda true I would say :) Hyperactivity explains me most, but for you, indeed a Dr will need to A+ type of personality :) Cheer up...

Joel said...

that is so me

executorlouis said...

I have got an A-!

And no time for play? I would think Bedtime Stories is very much your playground! =p

Squido said...

You Have A Type A- Personality

You are one of the most balanced people around
Motivated and focused, you are good at getting what you want
You rule at success, but success doesn't rule you.

When it's playtime, you really know how to kick back
Whether it's hanging out with friends or doing something you love!
You live life to the fullest - encorporating the best of both worlds

That is so not true. -is in denial mode-

Anonymous said...

As I was reading your personality type results I think it quite matches to your real personality, blogwise it is. hehehehehhe

NeiLDC said...

I take the test and same as Squido... hmm that is true for me...im a balance man...
Dominatrix..nice term here again... "the best is, all work and no play makes one a dull boy!" and i correct?

savante said...

Suits me, ceusm. i am stunned. Why no play? I play all the time!

Ian, thanks, man :)

Being a hitman would be so much cooler, anniieieiee.

Could I borrow yours, jay? :)

Hardly driven. Obviously the quiz is skewed, silentside.

B+ sounds alrite actually, prince of darkness.

Same over here, jm.

Yeah, louis, it is my playground actually :)

squido, i am jealous.

Does it really, Chas?

Neil, I do play!

Paul

A Bear in the Woods said...

I'll bet you play. I'm an advanced type B, fascinated with A's. It's like you live in the doing. I love your blog more every time I come here.