Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Dulled at 4

Yes. Look at the freaking time. It's really 4 in the morning. While everyone's floating in the arms of Somnus, I just had a patient with a bleeding aneurysm on my table. I'm chilled to the bone and semi-hypoglycaemic, my hair's in a permanent tornado fritz and my brain's practically mush after working from 8 yesterday morning.

Took a break from doing cases for five minutes to get away from it all - had to do so before I went literally insane and started smashing my own head repeatedly against the white walls just to watch it smear brilliantly scarlet. God, I really do sound maniacally Arkham Asylum suicidal at 4 in the morning. No wonder my loyal nurses steer clear of me in the early hours. :P

Worry not for my mental health though since my regular breaks ( and my shopping expeditions... thank the Lord ) keep me relatively sane in the general sense. Regular sweaty mansex would be the best release of course but that's certainly few and far in between.

Still... inspired by the dullest blog in the world - and memed by the ever lovin' Wingedman Will, I've decided to say something extremely dull.

I worked. I worked and I worked some more. The morning never comes.

Damn, maybe I should have done that in haiku.

7 comments:

famezgay said...

uhmnn wei.. take care yah our doctor oh.. shop more but oops at this time no shopping mall yet to open lar ekeke!

Patrick said...

*Hugs*..Just want to let you that you are not alone at 4am in the morning..Hope you get sufficient rest today :)

Prince of Darkness said...

Well guess life of a doc is always stressful and might even work from home when call comes. Well getting a patient at 4 am might be a little sracy ;) but then it's life tat matters e most.

It might be a tiring day but when it comes to pleasure :P you can finally take a good rest. Have a good rest doc.

Annie said...

Paging Dr. Paul..Paging Dr. Paul.. Remember Paul.. it's 30 compressions to 2 ventilations.. Push hard, Push fast and remember to fully recoil. .. wait.. oh my.. that's really not what it sounds like.. oh, get your minds out of the gutter PEOPLE! Well, it's NOT like you had anything better to do! Sleep is overrated. Life is overrated. Be used, be abused. Did the patient live or die or do we not want to know? Do you even remember? Nevermind. Go to bed. (cuddles)

savante said...

Taking care, man. No worries ceusm and patrick.

It is stressful and I hate such terrible calls, prince of darkness.

Patient lived, Anniieee. Well, transferred him to the ICU.

Paul

Just Me said...

I hope you get to rest a little soon. Don't work to hard.

Annie said...

HA! When in doubt or fear, transfer him to ICU care!