Friday, June 16, 2006

Mr Liquid

Most people I know have seen me desperately multitasking - since I usually find the hours of the day simply too short for all the activities that I have planned. So it isn't something unusual to find me watching the monitors at work while reading a screamingly dull textbook while sending messages to cure me of my ennui.

Just today when I was sending skanky messages to my friends from the hospital, it occurred to me that I was actually missing a singularly important event in gay social life. Nothing like having Disillusioned Dan around to enlighten me on such subjects :O Well, honestly it wouldn't have occurred to me to even be there but it would have been nice to have a choice - rather than being stuck at work with twelve grumpy men ( make that three grumpy surgeons and assorted harried nurses! ), a monotonously beeping monitor and a snoring patient.

Paul : Don't you just hate being at work on fridays?
Dan : It's Mr Liquid finals nite, you know.
Paul : What?!

Makes sense though. Obviously I'll be the one roughing it out in the confines of the hospital while twelve half-naked virile hunks duke it out in a club downtown for the dubious honour of being crowned Mr Liquid, Lord of the Clubs - while hundreds of other available almost naked men scream and shout in sheer adoration. Unsurprisingly since the contestants are in pretty sheer briefs themselves. Regardless of the reasons behind their disrobing, it's always nice to have some bared male torsoes to ogle.

Half naked men are certainly worth a cheer or two in my opinion. Hell, I should be there getting hopelessly drunk while scandalously tossing my shirt in the air and joining in the sweaty bump and grind.

Sigh. The sacrifices I do for the job.

16 comments:

famezgay said...

kakaka poor paul.. huh Goin to Liquid uhmnn.. I should upload the pictures in my blog n let u feel how fun there kekee.. evil me! hehe :)

quicksilverlining said...

i suppose the benefits of the job sorta like cover for the, erm. no, i don't think they possibly could. ahahaha.

Francis Ford Faggola said...

Poor Paul. Your job is more important that a bunch of half naked hot men being paraded around like meat in front of more hot guys.

Ceusm, pls do so. I also won't be able to attend. :)

Annie said...

I say bring Mr.Liquid to the hospital!!!! If you can't get to them, bring them to you!

Free entertainment for patients. True, some might have coronaries, but just imagine how happy the nurses and elderly women will be, and not to mention a few doctors.

I find it a natural cure for pain... I should get a patent for this brilliant idea :D

Matt. K. said...

I agree with anniie! LOL. That's just so sad, paul. Sacrificing for your work. You must really "love" your work!

Petie said...

What is this 'Liquid' that you talking about? :

akihisa said...

Hey Paul! How are ya? I'm back. I nearly went nuts doing my final year project. LOL!!

Mr. Liquid?! Where beefcakes and hunks parade around in their undies??!! *_* That's hot! ;p Heard a lot about this club where it supposed to be the hottest gay club in town. You should go. Maybe you could land yourself one of those beefcakes you like so much?!! Hehe!

NeiLDC said...

We all need the job dear! Its all sacrifice! Bump someone half naked at hospital " mister mister i am sick call the doctor very quik"

Jay said...

Paul, I'm disappointed. You should be there taking photos for this blog!

Pete - Liquid is KL's most popular gay club.

pakcik said...

the finalist is not as good as compared to previous year. with the exceptional of couple of guys.

Sunny in the final too though..people just like him i guess..

Alex said...

Sigh.... you miss that event, like me too.... Never mind, like I said, you're crowned as Mr Scrubs.

Xavier said...

dr, finalist a little so so only woh, the MC was GREAT howver, cant remember how many times the judges and audience shouted him as the winner instead of the contestants, kesian them.. :p

anyway, u can check out my h/phone pic la, just like alex susah payah berpesan, got take some for him to ogle haha

MrBunnyBan said...

Somehow methinks you wouldn't have gone regardless, my good doctor. Now, if it were Mr. Beefcake...

Bryan said...

I went there on Friday night. It was so boring. Disappointed paying RM40 for seeing the so-called hunks of the year. :-(

savante said...

Download the pictures now, ceusm :)

What benefits of the job exactly, quicksilver?

Ummm.. holden, I think half naked hot men are far more important.

True enough, having naked men parade in the hospital would keep me awake, anniiiieee..

Glad you're back online, ahmad.

Hardly love, matt.

Pete, it's a club. Jay's right :)

Neil, sigh.

Okay, that doesn't sound so hopeful to me, pakcik.

Wish I had a crown, alex!

Get the picture up online, xavier.

True enough, Daniel. I prefer sleep.

That doesn't sound too good, Bryan but I heard Dominic Lau was the Dj!

Paul

Bryan said...

Dominic, the Channel V VJ. Well, he was the MC that night. Few days ago I met him in person at Fitness First, The Curve. Well, look different when he was not in make up ;)