Friday, June 09, 2006

Working Owls

It's official.

As of today, I've officially joined the crazy ratrace in the big old city, adding myself to the workaholic ranks of those who rise early in the ungodly hours of the morning to set off to work only to return home late in the evenings long after everyone else is back enjoying their dinner. As my eyes scanned the clock in the operating theatre all evening long, I found my heart sinking as I realized that work has suddenly turned into an indelible part of my life, erasing far more negligible items like sleep and regular meals. Even as the friendly surgeon promised another five minutes left, there was this sick suspicion that my working life had definitely taken a turn, possibly for the worst.

So to console myself, I had a fattening dinner with Charming Calvin... an utterly sinful Italian pasta with a stroke-inducing thousand calorie cream sauce slathered on little bits of heavenly chicken. Which explains why my brain ( after being taxed all day at work ) has suddenly stopped functioning - the misfiring neurons possibly clogged by all that oily wickedness. Surprises me that my limbs can even move since I can practically feel the heavy lipids percolating lazily in my suddenly stagnant veins.

I'm sure my dieting buddy, Big Bicep Barry would have gotten an apoplexy for sure if he'd been here to witness my blatant hedonism. :)

12 comments:

pink dolphin said...

The price we pay for medicine ;-)

Zemien said...

So you've joined the ranks of those who handicap the RSS feeds. I still don't understand why you people would want to do such things :(

However, I'm happy to say that I like your postings very much so I'll pay the small price of clicking the "More..." link.

Annie said...

Not all of us are willing to make the effort to sacrifice our luxeries (like sleeping and eating)to better ourselves and contribute what we can to the human race.

You're making a difference Paul :) I applaud you. It's not like you got anything better to do, am I right?

Just Me said...

You should always reward yourself for a hard days work...and food is as good of a reward as anything.

famezgay said...

uhmnn.. well work like a cow, then u will enjoy ur free time more.. Otherwise if everyday living in luxury n free enough, u won't be as happy as now while having this little time to hang out with frens n blog this ekekke..

Maximus Leo said...

Don't forget to chill out once in a while! .......:-)

NeiLDC said...

It was such a rush in my head every time i check and pop up on your brainy blog because it was such an amazing race of post and sometimes i was been block up with passing thru red blood cells.. Anyway every you had new post..and im late.You must have time to take things on the right order. The body needs a sufficient rest..that was my BIOLOGY! because i love biology and science. Poping up all the chemistry in teh cream italian sauce would make it the Physics work and energy right!

aiskrem_potong said...

it amazes me that even when you are in such a sorry state, you could still come up with words like 'apoplexy' and 'hedonism'. so terer... ;P

Life Cafez said...

Well, trying to find some joy once in a while during your everyday heavy task will make u fresher, of course don't find your joy inside the operating teather doc,else your joy will become other's pain! :P

Rewards yourself during weekend and enjoy life :P Enjoy your weekend ahead :P

Wil

Legolas said...

I had beef bacon spaghetti with tomato sauce yesterday! I should go to hell...

Emma said...

I agree with aiskem, dude. :p Hedonism?? Damn, I've just dragged myself out of bed so you're lucky to get a "Jolly good, sir!" from this side.

Ah, my bunny slippers agree. My bunny slippers also point out that you're actually doing something worthwhile, and I am just sitting around wasting my youth in front of a computer... Ha!

BTW - the salad?? Mmmmmmmm.... you're making me hungry, which is BOLD! I ordered pizza in the middle of the night last night, with extra toppings. *cry* I'll be working that off for the next six months.

Hugs, soulbrutha! Hehehe! See you when I get back....

savante said...

True, it's a sacrifice, vas.

What is RSS feed, zemien! :O

Don't applaud, Anniieee :0 Send naked hunky strippers.

True enough, cr.

Have taken the time to hang out too - but I really should hit the books sometime too, ceusm.

Doubt I'd forget that, ian!

Thanks, neil :)

Normal words, mah, aiskrem! Hardly terer!

Will enjoy myself for sure, wil. Thanks.

hardly a reason to go to hell. It's practically mundane, leggy :)

Bye, darlin soulsista!

Paul