Monday, August 14, 2006

Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

Bewitched was what I termed my friend's long-time lover when he explained his recent circumstances to me. Let's call him Stubbly Samson. Seems almost for time immemorial that Samson has been part of an inseparable duo together with the aptly named Delicious Delilo - sharing their smiles and tears as they toiled to build their first humble abode - till just a few weeks back when Delilo received an epiphany. Seriously.

Seems that the Good Shepherd had finally recalled one of his hopelessly wayward sheep to the flock - which led to Delilo repenting his wicked Sodomite ways, renouncing his apparently vile ties of affection with Samson and reaffirming his inner faith by embracing the church.

This sudden 180 degree turnaround for a previously dedicated homosexual surely isn't something unheard of since more than a few cases have cropped up recently. Still it must have been appalling for poor Samson to suddenly realize that the man he's shared his bed and life with has suddenly transformed into a total stranger. Relationship fallouts can be searingly painful but to have a total excommunication of the past must hurt twice as bad. Delilo surely knew which strand of hair to cut.

Which is how I ended up sending the oddest messages to my ISO.

Paul : You recall that lecture on homosexuality we had?
My ISO : Ah, Leviticus 20:13! The wickedness in Sodom and Gomorrah! Repent for all your sins, my brother!
Paul : You lovely, lovely man! You said the exact same thing years back. I'm so glad you didn't change.
My ISO : Have you been drinking?
Paul : No!
My ISO : You want free makan, is it?
Paul : Very funny. Can't I just appreciate you for being such a sweetheart?
My ISO : Do you have a temperature?

Obviously my own epiphany wasn't well appreciated.

Bothered was what I was when I realized that I'd turned into a boring fuddy duddy the other day. Rather than shove Charming Calvin into dark, secluded public corners for a sweaty fuck every opportunity I can get, I find myself doing so only every once in three days.

Hmm... Petty bourgeois conservatism finally catching up with me?

Bewildered was certainly how poor Big Bicep Barry felt when I tagged him with one of my odd inexplicable messages this evening - since circumstances as it were had me utterly bored at work today.

Get a tat!
Get a tattoo!

Paul : Hey! You should get a tattoo!
Barry : Huh? What brought this up? Is there some sort of tattoo sale going around?
Paul : No. But how cool would that be? If I weren't terrified of needles, I'd get one!
Barry : Don't think it would go well with my image.
Paul : What kinda image is that?
Barry : The modest, self-effacing salesman.
Paul : Trust me, you aren't gonna pull that off. And it's not some multi-faceted Ah Beng inspired tiger tattoo across the back lah. Just a small tasteful design across the biceps.
Barry : But why?
Paul : It's hot!

He remained unconvinced however.

30 comments:

MrBunnyBan said...

Absolutely horrible! Yet... I can emphathise for Delilo. It's hard to explain, but let's just say there is a big draw from religion if you know what it offers.

From this point he can't go back to 'being gay' even if he finds himself pining for men again. He'd have given up too much to stop living the lie.

Anonymous said...

well that sucked

Xavier said...

CHOOSE UR MATE WISELY else will end up heart torned...

btw, FINALLY a pic that resembles the little body fat of pool boy... good choice of pic :)

Anonymous said...

Funny how you snaked a bit in your conversation with BBB, when you could have saved some word-fencing and went straight to "It's hot!" when he asked you the first time. :-) Don't worry, doc, the Bothered bit happens to most of us all the time. The rebound, after a few days of absence, is so much hotter and intense!

Anonymous said...

By the way, where do you get your photos? They're HOT!

savante said...

You've got a good point, Daniel. Never saw it that way.

It does suck, tear!

Your infamous pool boy, xavier?

Like to torture him with the suspense, mark. Get my pictures everywhere!

Paul

Sue said...

Do you think Delilo will find his way back?

quicksilverlining said...

organized religion is really amusing, you know. the most efficient way of fund raising.

nyonyapenang said...

i suppose a clean cut heals better.

Maximus Leo said...

That's really sad to turn 180 degrees!! I'm sure you friend will heal and moved on. Mayb some solace with GOD?

At one stage I was hoping the fear of religion will turn me straight but the more I see how religious bigots propagate their political agenda, it just makes me sick to the core. I certainly hope that GOD is the only the one who judges us and not the religious two face bigots nimkampoo MFs...

That Girl said...

i have a question... does it hurt more/less if you get a tattoo where youhave more fat under the skin .. how do muscly people get tattoos..does it hurt more?

pakcik said...

who is that CHINESE guy in your pic...he is so my type....tell me tell me...

Wild Reeds said...

Awww... poor Samson. Give him a hug from me.

hrugaar said...

The tiger on the back sounds cool to me. :o)

One wonders what it was that triggered Delilo's ephiphany. I'm sure God would be saddened that Delilo's love for Samson twisted round into rejecion and hatred through delusions of virtue. I hope Delilo wakes up and realises the error of his ways soon - though whether he and Samson could heal together is another question.

Petie said...

Such a devestating turn of events for Samson, time will heal him hopefully.

and your ISO sounds like his usual charming self. I would love to meet him one day :P

A friend of mine, MusicMan, is getting ready to have his tattoos finish... Only that he has the locate the elusive tattooist who start the work... MM has been away from BKK for about 3-4 months, now the phone number of the tattooist might not still be in use by the guy anymore...

Kihu said...

I can't concentrate reading ur post.. ahaha the guy in the picture is totally HOT! gosh.. who is him:?

Annie said...

Me: "No WAY"
Paul: "WAY"
Me: "No"
Paul: "Yes"
Jesus Christ. No offense, but it's hard to compete with God, Samsen.. God is perfect, at least to Delilo, he probably is.
Damn! Poor guy.
Tattoos only hurt when there is NO fat and they're inking against a bone (i.e. back of your neck, your spine, ankle, fingers, toes.) OUCH. Bet BBB wouldn't even flinch if he got one on his biceps.

Annie said...

oh, sorry.. forgot... "Men with tattoos"

*drool*

:0)

Anonymous said...

*Scheming to get a tattoo done on the ass*

Anonymous said...

*Wondering whether it's me who's turned Paul a fuddy-duddy*

Just Me said...

Tattoos are HOT!

I want to get one but I am not sure what I want or where I would put it.

Anonymous said...

Faith and God doesn't change a person as how they want to be changed. I know that according to Church teaching homosexuality is wrong, but I also believe that our sins are between ourselves and God and he is the final Judge and therefore we await the Judgement and try as much as possible to live a sainted life even though we might end up having homosexual relationship with other people contrary to what the church teaches.

Anyway..tattoo's are hot if its on the right area and tastefully done..

Musang said...

tattoos are definitely hot.

hot men with hot tats are definitely hotter...

i once had a tattoo. of a rose. but a fake one though. last about a day before my skin started became itchy and i scratched it off my skin.

scary moment...

ENVY said...

Mmmm get a tattoo or is it get the guy with the tattoo? I wanted to do one myself "ENVY" in a gothic font on my chest in big letters yet out of lack of encouragement i put the idea aside..:(

savante said...

DOubt it, sue. Once they are turned... it's nigh impossible!

True! Nothing like their fairs, quicksilver :)

Yeah, and it's better in the long run, I'm sure, nyonya.

Solace with God, Ian? Will tell Samson that :)

Nots ure grafxgurl but I think annniiieieieie has the answer here somewhere!

Pakcik, not sure of his name but he's so my type too :P

Will definitely do so when I see him next, wild reeds.

You can see lots of tiger tattoos over here, ru :)

Not surprised that my ISO reacted that way, pete. I'd have done the same if suddenly faced with sentimental mush.

Not sure of the name, famezgay. If I knew, I'd be bonking him sideways!

Agreed, annieieieie.. HOT!

A tattoo is painful, calvin :)

Try a semi permanent one first then, cr. Or get real drunk :)

True, quavadis!

Ouch. Sounds itchy, musang.

If you can get both, get both, envy :)

Paul

Anonymous said...

The guy in the picture is hot. Btw he is a taiwan model and involves in a case with his 40 over yo taiwan 'rich' singer gf.

Anonymous said...

Having studied the Bible for many years, I have read about the wicked city of Sodom and how God destroyed it. What I don't find is any record of the Gay people who may have lived there. That is a figment of the imagination of the zealots who see what they want to see. They get that from when the angels of God came to the man named Lot and told him to flee the city becuase it was wicked and would be destroyed. The men of the city called out to lot, send those "men" out here so we can rape them. Then the men of the city were struck blind. First of all, are we expected to believe that every man of the city was Gay? Secondly, Rape is a sin no matter who is getting raped. No, if there were Gays in the city they kept to the background and the wicked people who ran the place got what they deserved, but not becuase they were Gay, Okay?

hrugaar said...

The kind of chilling part of that story is that Lot offered the mob his two (virgin) daughters, so they could have their way with them instead of with the two men who were his guests. Sounds a bit like my father ... :o\

Anonymous said...

Yes, Lot offered his two daughters and the crowd turned him down, not because they were Gay but because they wanted to forcefully rape the strangers and drive Lot and his self-righteous family out of Sodom.

savante said...

Anon, what gossip! We love gossip!

Got a point there, ed. There are a few other sites around th net who refute the generally held idea that Sodom was destroyed because of the gay men. Have read a few too.

I found it weird myself, ru :)

Paul