Friday, August 10, 2007

Miss Goody Two Shoes

You know the sort. They are everywhere. Squeaky-clean, butter-won't-melt-in-their-mouth pink-cheeked sweethearts. Goody-two-shoes, the sort that help tottering grannies across the road before lending a hand to that helpless kitten on the tree.

And also the prudish sort who wave their minatory fingers admonishingly when something bad comes their way. In our office, we have our very own Gungho Ginny to give us the neverending tsking when me and my more nefarious colleagues cook up wildly imaginary schemes.

Brief hunk
God grant me the patience...

At work, overworked physicians have their own brand of black hospital humour - no doubt unpalatable to the general public. What can I say? It helps release the tension.

And then here comes Gungho Ginny, our very own resident angel sent down from the high heavens with a holy mission to rehabilitate unrepentant sinners and save the helpless masses.

Colleague A : God only knows. I doubt they'd be able to make it. Probably have the old man's leaking aneurysm bursting along the way after hitting a sinkhole.
Paul : Or get run over by a runaway lorry. You know the way ambulances fly down the highway.
Colleague A : Your mortality report for sure!
Ginny : No. No. You guys can't say that. You're supposed to hope for the best. Our patients are our priority.

Now what do you say to that?

Seriously, I felt like twitching off her vaunted halo, snapping it in two and beaning her with it repeatedly. Granted if I had a pistol at hand, she'd have been pistolwhipped mercilessly before being gunned down in cold blood. What can I say, I'm kinda a violent sort.

My colleague looked like she was spitting nails.

Fortunately I didn't give in to any of my crazed homicidal intentions. It was three in the morning and murder wasn't exactly in my plans that day ( since I'd exceeded my hit quota for that week ) so I settled with only giving her my infamous evil eye. Which thankfully was more than enough to send her scurrying off to spread her good cheer all the while warding me away with hasty signs of the cross.

11 comments:

Jaded Jeremy said...

Actually, I would probably say that (what Ginny said) too...and then laughed :-)

Melvin Mah said...

Break her halo and replace with horns, chop off her pair of lovely wings and replace with a devil's tail.......tada~ now now she looks like one of us* hahaha

Medie007 said...

sick pervert! hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

This would have been a great episode for Grey's Anatomy. :p

*just kidding*

poof said...

hmmm.. and i thought the movie The piano tuner earthquake was long...
guess i was wrong..

what was that above comment about?

jay said...

That was a long comment that guy left. Geez.

Anyways, a lil dark humor never hurt anybody. Whatever gets you through the day and saves some lives right?

Ryan said...

Some people are just too good to be true.

Normally I'd smile and say:"Oh thanks for f**king saving us from the sins we've done!"

OK, I am a bit rude sometimes! But some people just don't have enough tension. So, give them some. LOL...

Anonymous said...

and who sings 'tralalla' to her good cheer? :) and who restains u from flingiing murderous knives at her direction? hehe

Annie said...

That poor Ginny.. Does she wear rose-tinted glasses too? Well, she obviously suffers from humorectomy.. Poor girl. What the hell is she DOING in a hospital with that kind of hope and cheer! Sickos like that need to go work at the Nursing Homes where the elderly like that sort of unrealistic mumbo shit.

RealitySlams said...

tsk. tsk. she's probably sidney's (from Grey's Anatomy)best friend or something. spreading all that cheer! bleh.

Sue said...

Hold up a silver cross and say "away demon!" Works every time. Especially on cheerful morning people. I hate those too.