Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Nuke This

What to do on the eve of a travelling day - especially when the flight's at some ungodly hour of the night? Don't say pack my bags snce I'll get it done later - probably be ready in ten minutes or less after throwing everything in randomly. Been a while since I travelled all by my lonesome. Thought of going out for a brief brunch earlier with Jaunty Jared but changed my mind ( sorry, man! ) when I realized that my bed looked all too irresistible on this chilly, cloudy morning.

Jake Silbermann as NoahNot to mention I had hunky Noah Mayer under the sheets to keep me company.

For the past few weeks television addict ( and shameless soap opera fan ) that I am, I found myself following the latest episodes of Luke Snyder and Noah Mayer on As The World Turns. Online. Thank God for youtube.

For folks who are staring agog at the mysterious names, Luke and Noah - otherwise known as the cutesy Nuke or even Loah - are two characters involved in a budding gay romance storyline on the iconic neverending soap, As The World Turns. Coming out of the closet recently, Luke finds himself looking for love in all the wrong places! Bet most gay men would easily sympathize with his singleton plight.

Lately though things seem to be looking up for him after he takes up an internship in a station with Noah. The storyline has been building up slowly but surely for the duo as the unlucky-in-love Luke finds himself increasingly smitten with the desperately closeted I-can't-be-gay Noah.

And in true soap opera style, the hunky military brat's also dating Luke's best friend Maddie in an old-fashioned love triangle ( though with a modern homo twist ).

Dum Dum Duuum...

Of course that doesn't stop Noah and Luke from taking fumbling steps in their ongoing courtship - starting with several clumsy attempts at slippery hormonally-charged clinches ( with wet towels! ) and progressing to this.


Now, aren't you hooked? Of course since it's a soap, anything goes so alien abductions, dream sequences and weekly comas are par for the course. Thankfully these days gay storylines are treated the same as any other dramatic plotlines on daytime soaps.

Next time I write, I'll hopefully be sipping dragon well tea in a shaded Chinese palatial villa overlooking the Back Lakes of Beijing with mynahs chirping on the trees while elderly gentlemen cheat at draughts and play the erhu. If I get lost, we only have Charming Calvin to blame - though I can't see how that's possible with the multitude of detailed maps and instructions that he's helpfully sent overnight to me. Seriously. There are drawn arrows in bold. Only a mentally challenged dingbat could lose its way.

Is the man a methodical engineer or what? ;P

12 comments:

Jaded Jeremy said...

"What to do on the eve of a travelling day "

Well, you could have rung me and asked what I want from China *bonk!* The same goes for all your other friends :-)

Zyklon22 said...

All alone again? SHould have asked me along once more :)

William said...

"This way for SEX"

Ryan said...

Great! Another gay-themed soap opera for my enjoyment!

Enjoy your trip to China! And make sure you bring back lotsa bedtime stories (if not some souvenirs! :p)

ikanbilis said...

OMG I MISS DR CARTER!! its been ages since i've last watched ER, the episode where Dr Green died.


have fun in China!

Janvier said...

The soap opera was total LOLness. Have fun and don't get lost!

Brian said...

Omigod!

you watch the said soap too. heh. I love, love,love them. Luke & Noah are so meant to be with each other. Remember the part when they kissed? It wasn't Luke who initiated it. It was Noah, being the devil that he is. I just hate Maddie...but at the same time, i pity her too....

all hail Utube :D

Unknown said...

safe journey :)

East-West said...

Beijing is great for cultural staff but the food is most uninspiring ....

I have had better tasting Peking Ducks in Malaysia!

OTOH, there is an over abundance of yummy yuppies and wheat/rice-fed eye candies ... :-)

coolgardy said...

Have a good journey...and btw, I'm also hooked on that... wow, cool smart minds always stick together eh? :)

Jason said...

Have a nice trip~~

Ganymede said...

Eeeeks. Not another soap... I already have my J Drama...

Have fun in Beijing.