Friday, October 26, 2007

Shanghaied

Spontaniety.

That's a word I gotta learn. Seriously.

You see, Scorpios take perverse pleasure in knowing. Sure I might not sketch out my future plans to the teensiest details as much as our anal-retentive Charming Calvin does but I do at least have some idea what's about to happen. Certainly not the kind to fly by the seat of my pants. Surprises ( especially unpleasant ones ) are not my favourite things in the world.

So how did I find myself in a foreign city with a handsome man naked in the shower?

Reflections
Gosh. Where the heck am I!

All I had planned was a day free for my scrapbooking. Been a while since I've had the time, brought all my utensils back for the weekend all ready for an intensive day of cutting, pasting and decorating. But then I got that special call before breakfast.

My ISO : What are you doing?
Paul : Scrapbooking.
My ISO : Good God, grandma. What next? Crochet? Lawn bowling?
Paul : You know I've actually tried that.
My ISO : Fuck that. You are coming for breakfast. Get ready.

And four hours later I'm in the Lion City for lunch.

Did I ever mention that apart from being evil, handsome and charming, my ISO can be devilishly persuasive as well? A well-heeled traveller himself, my ISO's sense of distance is sadly warped. One moment we were talking about our last road trip over steaming buns and the next we're looking for chocolate leaves in Vivocity. My new word of the day is Singapore-d - my own special version of Shanghaied. Didn't plan anything, didn't call anyone ( unless you count that last hasty message to Calvin before I jumped into the car ). Hell, I barely had time to grab my passport.

Haven't done anything this spontaneous and impulsive in years - probably since that last time I recklessly jumped off a cliff in Australia. There was a harness, helmets and I closed my eyes all the while but still...

The much-talked-about ( at least in my aging workplace ) mid-life crisis has arrived early obviously. Next thing you know, I'll probably trade in my reliable car for some sporty phallic symbol.

15 comments:

MrBunnyBan said...

Wah, Singapored! Have a good time and be sure to buy us souvenirs!

Dave said...

In Singapore? Oh yes, do ogle cute guys at Orchard Road.

And do get me to be your tour guide. Hee...

poof said...

wow, welcome to my playground.
=D

well im not at home but still,,,, hope you loved it

haha

Anonymous said...

I'm on holiday - you can Shanghai me off as well. :P

ikanbilis said...

oh now i can't wait to travel myself!

Melvin Mah said...

Singapored! Nice~

cleo weiland said...

I love Singapore! Hope you had a great time there :) Oh yeah Orchard Road is a haven for the metrosexual..Just the place to keep in touch with the trends!

Anyway, since when does Efron replace Troy and McNamara? Seriously. You've got to be kidding me haha :P

It's great to be back!

Anonymous said...

Same like our local term Filipinized. Anyhow, good luck to your future adventures with ISO.

Anonymous said...

I wonder what the shipping charges would be to send me a hot Singapore man to Seattle?

Can I order one with you?

GRIN

Cyclohelix said...

have fun and pick only 1 at a time :)

Sue said...

Singapored! I love it!

David The Man said...

Does "Singapored" ever exist in Oxford or Merriam-Webster dictionary? I don't think so, unless Savante thinks that "to be Singapored" is "to be made into a Singaporean" or whatever that is attached to all things Singapore. Wakakaka...

Jason said...

Do first, think later :P

slinghy said...

I truly love rw sentosa and I think it's much more better than our own rw genting! wish that malaysia will have it's own world-class theme park soon and i don't mean legoland which is just a kiddy ride compared to dentosa

slinghy said...

i hope i'm going to singapore again! once is never enough