Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Me Dating Myself

Would you date yourself?

Random question my ISO asked me out of the blue as were walking past a bank of mirrors in a mall. Stopping to stare at our reflections, he suddenly wondered aloud what it would be like.

Paul : You pervert. You just want to fuck yourself!
My ISO : Get your mind out of the gutter!
Paul : Fine. For once, you're thinking of it in a serious, adult, philosophical, totally non-sexual manner.
My ISO : Well, I was! But now that you've given me ideas...

Sure, he can say that, sexy bugger that he is. With my currently unstable hormones, I wouldn't mind giving him some tongue on the mirrored wall myself.

Not sure I could say the same about myself though.

First off, let me tell ya that I'm lousy first date material. Not only do I look like a wandering troll, I also veer insanely from coming on too strong sometimes ( chattering endlessly like a silly magpie ) to turning up cool and disinterested like I-don't-give-a-fucking-damn. Rather adorably schizophrenic - though it probably stems from my on-going battle with innate bashfulness.

Bad Boy
Damn, I look good...

Still it rarely garners second dates. Being the epitome of skin-deep shallow, gay men are all about the shiny packaging after all - and a plain, dumpy denizen of Middle Earth just doesn't cut it.

But sometimes persistence - and that little thing called unlawful stalking - works wonders. Believe me, I even brought down a superficial, judgemental bastard like my ISO.

Over time of course, I wonder if I could live with myself on a daily basis! Sure I could keep myself entertained with second-hand jokes and droll imitations. Our own cracks are always the funniest, don't you think and it'd be cool to have someone share the same brand of irreverent humour. I'd make an easy to please boyfriend as well. I think ( and hope ) I'm a great companion, generally presentable in public and well versed with lotsa endless opinions on various socio-political issues - though I can get on my high horse when it comes to a few.

Hey let me toot my own horn for once!

But I'm not sure if I could live with a moody lunatic with the occasional sadistic blood-lust. Wouldn't we gradually morph into a relentlessly violent gay version of Bonnie and Clyde? What if I - horror of horrors - found a dead stiff buried under the swimming pool? Not that I'd be astonished to find decaying corpses in the lawn but hey, I'd be confused trying to recall which one of us actually dumped the body there! Of course with the two of us egging each other on with increasingly nefarious deeds, it'd probably be rightly termed a cemetery.

Could the hapless world possibly survive two merciless Pauls?

Paul : You know what! I think I'd like myself.
My ISO : Whoa. That took some thought! We talked about it like some half hour ago!
Paul : Hey not everyone comes and goes as fast as you do.
My ISO : Didn't hear you complaining.

I know what you guys - and Strapping Shane who has given some thought about it as well - are gonna ask. Sex with myself? Some boys would freak out, claiming it's the closest thing to incest - but hell, isn't it kinda like masturbating? DIY?

And you know we've all been there.

10 comments:

Aryaduta said...

I'm happy to see that stalking has allowed you to snag your ISO! I've considered stalking potential love interests before, but I've never been successful. I was always caught going through their trash to look for used Kleenex. (If you know what I mean.)

Anyway, I digress. You know, I'm sure that a lot of identical twin brothers have experimented sexually with each other, especially in jerking each other off. Boys will be boys (i.e., horny), and it's their way of deepening their bond.

Now, sex is an entirely different matter, and I'm not sure if I'd be willing to go that far with my twin brother should I have one. It would seem weird, and I'm afraid that I would be crossing a barrier that I'm not supposed to.

This is certainly food for thought, and I'm glad that you posted it! :-)

Janvier said...

Would we date ourselves? Oh yes we would. And get along real fine. Finally, a kaki for Street Fighter, for Mortal Kombat, for Tetris, for similar tastes in movies, for Sudoku during dinner, for BodyJamming, for camwhoring, for hotseat Heroes of Might and Magic...possibilities are endless.

Of course, this is ourselves we're talking about, not an identical twin nor clone that may have different opinions that what we would have.

And no kinky stuff.

asm@di said...

oh my! what a question that sets me thinking (and you know how much i hate to think *shallow alert :D)

if i decided to be the typical gay man i would say no. i just don't have the package. but if i decided to look past the package and look deeper (i.e more on personality, values etc, etc) i would probably date myself. although i can foresee drama. lots of it.

Anonymous said...

Date myself? Oh gawd... no.

Zyklon22 said...

I still do believe that opposites do attract after all...

savante said...

Depends on the boy of course but... stalking works :) Not recommending it though, aryaduta.

Why no kinky stuff? Never knew you were so prudish, janvier!

Imagine double the drama and histrionics, asmadi :)

What's wrong? Imagine the fun, connerkent!

Judging by the two boys I dated, yeah I do believe that's true, zyklon!

paul

Anonymous said...

OMFG I'm a huge fan of Derrick Davenport (in the pic)! Do you have more pics of him Bedtime Stories!

Anonymous said...

I'd shoot myself. :P

hbjock said...

Hmmm I'd definitely date myself. It's so hard to find a nice romantic guys these days, I tell ya!! :)

Anonymous said...

I saw a Conner Kent some few comments up.
Conner Kent!
-fanboy screams-
-dies-