Saturday, November 03, 2007

Reds, Sangrias and Lychee-tinis

Don't tell your friendly neighbourhood copper but my blood alcohol levels could have been a lil bit raised this evening. Hence the sudden urge to nod off and fall asleep even as I'm writing this - yeah, a good bingeing spree makes me sleepy. I'm that guy who falls to the ground unsconscious after way too much vodka.

Which is why I usually limit myself to a glass or two.

Or three.

Drink
Care for an eye-opener?

But with two renowned alcoholics around, I simply couldn't resist trying out another extra jug of sweet, sweet sangria. One of them remained relatively sober while for the other... let's just say premium wine releases Zany Zapple's inner bitch. :) Fortunately for us, his inner bitch is loud, campy and simply hilarious!

A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts!

Reminded me of Charming Calvin when he drank one tipple too many. Turns out it was just early in the year when I found out that Calvin could carry his alcohol. Well, with a lot of giggles included.

The man's a friendly drunk.

Usually he's a stoic, taciturn guy with very little to say but on that night, he lost nearly all inhibitions to chatter endlessly on disconnected topics without a break ( well unless you count helpless, irrepressible laughter ). Not only did he turn parchment white - an odd change or a usually red-faced fella - but he also started talking somewhat incoherently. Leaping from topic to topic in what we call flight of ideas with the occasional derailment.

Paul : How was dinner?
Calvin : Hee hee.
Paul : How was dinner?
Calvin : I won a box. A box with presents in it. I won presents. Ooh I like coffee.
Paul : I think you'd need more than that to get over this binge.
Calvin : What binge? I'm not drunk? I drank one glass. Maybe two. I'm alright. See, my hands aren't shaking.
Paul : But you're talking a mile a minute.
Calvin : I can dance all night. I love to dance. Angelina Jolie was there.
Paul : What?

Well, since I failed to youtube the entire hilarious episode, you just gotta be there :)

18 comments:

Melvin Mah said...

Laughing is good! You should have seeb someone who cries when they're drunk. Not to mention the nonsense they came up with....

"Oooo...don't leave spaceship. Take me back to Mars.."

the next line was...

"...ooh my dad raped me.."

plus the crying...damn*

Anonymous said...

i swear to drunk i wasn't god.

Janvier said...

Sangria's are good! So suitable for a panas-ing day. However we feel that they should supply forks or summat for the fruits!

Ryan said...

Ooh, I'm no good in drinking. Hardly even drink a beer. I'd better stay out of it.

A Lewis said...

I'm afraid that one glass would do me in. I'd be at your every beck and call if I had any more than that. And where in the hell did you get this guy's pic. Oh my god!

Ganymede said...

Oh my. I'd love to see Calvin drunk. Heheheh.

ruff nurse-du-jour said...

sangria? they still make that?! hahaha :-) just kidding.

i get drunk easily as well, give me 1 bottle and suddenly i'm out. i'm blaming my body mass:fat composition, though i'm not really sure if that makes any difference. hahaha.

time for antabuse therapy for calvin! :-)

Alexio said...

Hey dude..is there anyway to contact u? email or msn perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for dropping by my blog. And thanks for your comment too. I am sure the politicians have seen it. They are quite well-informed

Really enjoy your blog. Will drop by here more often.

Chee Kam aka erodite on LJ

Alexio said...

its there? hmmm cant get ur email though..haha...drop me ur msn mail at my blog then..then i'll add u up :)

savante said...

A crying drunk, Mel? Oh, those are so sad.

Only drunks swear to drunk, zapple :P

But I love the sweet, semi-alcoholic taste, janvier. And i was driving. If you come pick me up, we can tequila till we fall down.

But then we could take advantage of you then, ryan :)

Found it here and there. Matches the theme, lewis!

Go get him drunk then, queer rant.

They do! And I love it, ruff nurse. It might be fruit juice with alcohol but I still like it.

Will do. I thought it's somewhere about, alexio.

No probs, chee kam!

Paul

A.B. said...

nice blog.... well i do have to straighten things out from my previous post. He was a gentlemen. I have to say, thanks to your comment i really have to make that announcement. Hey dude, u seems a great guy to get to know. amazegrp@hotmail.com - my msn. wanna chat sometimes?

Kai Santorino said...

i havent tried this sangria... tsktsk

Anonymous said...

I wasn't drunk! I could walk in a straight line and I could solve Maths questions! I'm not that easily drunk!

Why nobody believed me?! I only talk a lot after a few drinks.

Anonymous said...

hey doc..Im a new reader - like it so far..

Anonymous said...

Sangrias are fun! We should do it again. I could almost lick the strawberries at the bottom of the jug. :P

Jason said...

My my...
I think Janvier smells good with alcohol :P

Anonymous said...

I like to have a martini,
Two at the very most.
After three I'm under the table,
After four I'm under my host.

-Dorothy Parker
(and lifted from Vikster's blog)