Saturday, November 10, 2007

Resident Evil II : The Return of the Sith

Guess part of me has rubbed off on Charming Calvin since he has started saving lives as well. Though not in the conventional grab the crash trolley and let's start cardiopulmonary resuscitation way.

He acts in a more indirect manner.

Bumped into another Mumbling Mary in the wards, this time a guy - so let's call him Mumbling Manson. Since Manson stumbled over some procedures - and nearly prematurely ended a struggling octogenarian's life - I felt obliged to at least play the role of the merciless Nazi and read him a brief riot act. Initially started out playing the gentle sympathizer role but his obtuse responses only served to goad me into breathing smoke and fire.

Manson : I-I thought...
Paul : You didn't call for help when you weren't sure what you were doing? Didn't the nurse offer to help?
Manson : I thought it was the right patient and just tried to help by...
Paul : You do know that you overdosed the patient with XXXXXXX?

Bad Boy
Bite this...

Poor Manson stumbled over another list of pitiful excuses while I took a blissful minute to imagine grabbing him and throttling him violently with periodic head-banging against the wall. As he started whimpering - making me yawn in boredom, I was starting to find it a bit hard to control that particularly homicidal impulse when my cellphone thankfully beeped.

Nothing that intimate a message - just some talk about purchasing Starbucks Bears and Hard Rock Pandas. But the cheery message put me in such a good mood that I forbore the expected death by strangulation. And that's how Calvin managed to save the poor fella from total annihilation.

8 comments:

Ryan said...

+_+ And I thought you have your self-control. Tsk tsk tsk... You're endanger species! LOL...

Medie007 said...

@.@
hmmmmm...

poof said...

this is a first.
u forgot to post eye candy
or was my browser lagging?

Ganymede said...

Meanie doc!

ikanbilis said...

yes where is the eye candy??

Melvin Mah said...

Padan muka pun.....hahaha but you could have been nicer.

ruff nurse-du-jour said...

i would've gone berserk if i were you.

for me, hospital/job-related errors equate to abomination. just kidding. hahaha. i just hope the patient's okay.

and oh, the Nazi would have preferred "teaching with fear," but "teaching with compassion" wouldn't hurt as well.

savante said...

What species, ryan!

Getting worried ah bong?

Not lagging, gauzzel. It's coming! Same to ikan bilis.

Mean but oh so true, queer rant.

Almost killed a patient with hypoglycaemia, m5lvin. He's lucky I didn't go berserk.

Which I almost did, ruff nurse.

Paul